Some parents spend a fortune on newborn diapers to have a baby who is fussy, uncomfortable, and cranky. Because babies cannot express their emotions, it is up to parents to determine their child's needs. Especially since changing diapers will be a challenging task in the first few days after the baby's arrival therefore choosing and stocking the best diapers for newborns is essential.
Continue reading, as this article by SuperBottoms will help you learn more about cloth diapers and the best diapers for newborns.
8 Things To Consider While Picking The Cloth Diapers For Newborns
Choosing the right cloth diapers for newborns can seem overwhelming, but with a little bit of research, you can find the best option for your family. Here are eight things to consider when picking cloth diapers for newborns:
- Material: Cloth diapers come in various materials, including cotton, bamboo, hemp, and microfiber. Cotton is the most common and affordable option, but bamboo and hemp are more absorbent and environmentally friendly.
Reusable diapers for newborn like SuperBottoms Free Size UNO come with a multi-size waterproof outer that is made of TPU fabric material which makes it completely waterproof. Also, even the Dry Feel Magic pads with Free Size UNO are made of 100% organic cotton with a Super DryFeel layer of microfleece fabric that keeps the baby dry for long hours.
- Type: There are several types of newborn diapers available in the market, including prefolds, flats, fitted, all-in-ones, and pocket diapers. Prefolds and flats require a cover, while fitted, all-in-ones, and pocket diapers have a built-in waterproof layer. Consider your lifestyle and budget when choosing the type of newborn cloth diaper that works best for you.
- Absorbency: Newborns require frequent diaper changes, so you'll want to choose cloth diapers that can hold a lot of liquid, and last at least 12 hrs. Look for the best diapers for newborns with multiple layers of absorbent material, such as cotton or bamboo.
- Size: Newborns grow quickly, so you'll want to choose cloth diapers that can be adjusted as they grow. Look for diapers with adjustable snaps or elastic like SuperBottoms Free Size UNO to ensure a proper fit.
- Accessorize: Newborn cloth diapers require a few accessories besides diapers, like diaper liners, inserts, multipurpose bags, XtraHydrating wipes, etc. While these accessories may add to the initial cost of cloth diapering, they can make the process easier and more convenient for parents. Many cloth diapering parents find the investment well worth in the long run.
- Washing: Washing cloth diapers is an essential step in ensuring they stay clean and free from bacteria. Therefore it's important to note that washing reusable diapers for newborns may require adjustments depending on the type of diapers and water quality in your area. For example, hard water may need additional detergent or a water softener.
To help prevent stains and odors, you can soak heavily soiled diapers in water with a bit of vinegar before washing.
- Budget: Cloth diapers for newborns can be expensive, but they can also save you money in the long run. Consider your budget and how many diapers you'll need to determine the best option for your family.
- Brand reputation: Finally, research the brand you're considering, as brand reputation is an essential factor to consider when choosing cloth diapers for your baby. A reputable brand like SuperBottoms is more likely to have consistent quality standards and provide better baby essentials products than other brands available in the market.
Cloth diapers have been used for centuries, and for good reason. They offer several benefits for babies and parents as they're made from soft, breathable materials that reduce the risk of diaper rash and other skin irritations. Additionally, cloth diapers are better for the environment than disposable diapers, which take hundreds of years to decompose in landfills. By using cloth diapers, parents can significantly reduce their environmental footprint.