The most important and noticeable part of anyone’s beauty is the hair. Hair enhances the personality of an individual. Now a day, appearance is as important as the skills of the individual. Hair is an important part of your appearance and it helps in setting the tone for the look especially women’s. Many women consider the day bad based on how their hair is looking. The self-esteem of a woman is affected by the look of the hair. When the hair is too fine or too dry or when the hair is falling out, it definitely affects an individual. Therefore, it can be said that there is a need for good shampoos for a dry scalp. The relationship between hair and self-esteem has been evident throughout time. Simply put, hair gives definition to an individual’s personality. Healthy hair is the dream for many women. Losing hair is similar to nightmare for many. Hair symbolizes a number of factors which are discussed as follows.
- Hair is the crowning glory for many women and this term has been in use since the Biblical time. It symbolizes identity.
- It symbolizes freedom and beauty. Lady Godiva has become a symbol of civic freedom as well as of beauty when she rode a horse through the streets of Coventry while being covered only her hair.
- Healthy hair is a symbol of femininity and therefore maintaining it becomes important for a woman. Many women lose sleep over the event of losing hair.
- Hair symbolizes liberation. During the 1950 era, women favored the hairstyle of a simple hair cut just below the ears which was named “Liberation Hairdo” as it symbolized women taking control of their lives. Even today, a woman uses her hairstyle to express herself.
Since healthy hair and beautiful skin is the dream of many women, hair and beauty is a growing industry. This is not only because hair enhances the appearance but also because it represents our thoughts, belief as well as personality. Women have been playing different roles throughout centuries just by changing their hairstyles. Healthy hair is one of the greatest contributions to a woman’s actions, motives and self-esteem. A good hairstyle is essential for various reasons.
- Good hairstyle enhances the beauty. It is therefore needless to say that one must have healthy hair to carry out different hairstyles.
- Based on the hairstyle you are wearing, you may either look like a professional or like a vagrant. When you are dressed to impress but the hairstyle is not matching, then you may even look like a vagabond who has stolen someone’s clothes.
- When your hair is not nicely done, then you may even come off as a lazy person. It may also reflect you as someone with low self-esteem. You will definitely feel confident with a good hair-do.
- A good hairstyle definitely complements your features. A bad hairstyle affects a person in many ways. It may instigate and even increase self-doubt as well as personal criticism.
- Healthy hair and a good hairstyle show that you are equally capable of taking care of yourself as well as of others.
All said and done, good hairstyle or self-esteem is based on how healthy your hair is. In order to maintain healthy hair, here are a few tips.
- Washing the hair twice a week is required. Pollution is increasing day by day and therefore good shampoos for a dry scalp is the ultimate solution.
- Shampoos must be free from parabens and sulphates. These chemicals found in most shampoos are harmful to the hair.
- Dry the hair naturally and use less hair styling products.
- The last but not the least is a healthy lifestyle and nutritious diet.