Follow these 5 tips to reduce mistakes, increase profit & decrease development time.
- When you order raw goods or finished goods– schedule in a follow up. Do not assume if you place an order that it is being processed. Many times we have ordered raw goods and find out that it is not being processed.
- Sending a good sample or picture is not enough for a manufacturer to produce the same product. If you have been in the business longer than 1 year you have already learned this lesson.
- Sending a pattern, technical design packet and an approved prototype is the absolute best way to get a perfect product manufactured.
- Approve, approve, approve. I cannot say this enough! If you are moving a label, changing a thread color, or lowering a neckline – have the manufacturer sample and then you approve. What may seem obvious and simple to you can become a disaster when missed and bulk is shipped.
- Lastly, have professional grade rules done. These are the calculations for several points of measure for each size. Basically make sure all the sizes fit correctly.
What other tips and secrets have you learned?