malicious malware

Hi
I have just received the following message from my host:

Our malware scanner has detected malware contained in your mysite.com hosting account.

You'll need to clean/remove/reinstall the files listed below (as applicable) and then take additional steps to secure your CMS.

The infected files are as follows:

mysite.com/api/includes/zdhlmt.php
mysite.com/components/com_ajax/nwmwyz.php
mysite.com/media/com_acym/images/thumbnails/thumbnail_199.png?.php
mysite.com/media/com_ipakojyx/zgrjyt.php

Please be aware that should any service or reputational impact occur due to the malicious content held in your account, we may have to resort to account suspension.

I have no idea what these files are and if anyone can help me sort this out I will be very grateful

Regards

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yikes, that's definitely not a fun message to receive from your host. It sounds like your hosting account has been compromised by some nasty malware.
    First things first, don't panic! It's important to take action, but stay calm. You'll want to remove those infected files ASAP and then take steps to secure your CMS.
    If you're not sure how to tackle this, reaching out to your hosting provider for guidance might be a good idea. They might have resources or support available to help you clean up the mess.
    If you're interested in learning more about malware analysis and how to protect your website in the future, you could check out a malware analysis tutorial from the page https://guidedhacking.com/threads/how-to-setup-a-malware-analysis-v... . It's a great way to arm yourself with knowledge and prevent this kind of situation from happening again.
  • Hi gws
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I do use acymailing on my site. What if I uninstall acymailing would this solve the problem?

Regards
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.