YOU are overweight because...
- Day To Day Overlap: By now you probably think - "ah it's too late anyway - whatever"... THAT is a horrible way to think my friend! Yes it's true that you've probably just been overlapping this horrible daily habit for a long time, and now it just seems hopeless to try to stop - but you MUST. If YOU plan on staying alive and not getting a life threatening disease you MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT TODAY.
- The Foods You Eat Are Probably - My guess is that you probably don't have THAT bad of a diet or food intake menu... however being able to pinpoint the few things that you are consuming daily that attribute your fat are vital in starting a path to a new you.
- Stress Is Your Biggest Enemy - I said it - stress kills! It's bad enough that you have to deal with this problem your body is going through, but you have your job and employer breathing down your neck, you have social issues with friends, you have a family to be a part of, and you probably rarely have time for yourself anymore. You MUST learn to take deep breaths and realize that it's going to be ok, if you are a veteran, and YOU are in control - stress is nothing more than little signals your brain sends you, it's your choice to let it bother you and at what capacity, stress control should always be taken into account when trying to lose weight. Sometimes that same stress will simply make you quit your diet, binge like crazy, and BAM you're back to fat - or even fatter.
- Time Management Issues - "Honey do you know where my keys are I'm late!" - Sound familiar? If you're always on the run and never have time to relax or really stay ahead of your day instead of playing catch up all the time, you're in some trouble... Learning to plan your day, night, meals, sleeping schedule and building towards a healthy routine that enables you to stay ahead of it - is paramount.
- Social Support System - Do your friends 'realllly' and truthfully not mind hanging out with you anywhere anytime despite your weight? Or are your friends also equally unhealthy and big? Learning to accept your social issues and drama and confronting them with your peers is important. Your friends and family should support your thirst to get back in shape and bring back the authentic you, always!
- Dreaded Exercise... - It's ok (well - no - it's not) if you're not a gym buff or don't live at your local club every day... However not having ANY exercise like even a half descent walk is going to be enough to drown you in your own fat soon. Seriously, most don't know it but if YOU went for a 40-50 minute walk 4-5 times a week, you could lose your first 5-10 lbs in under ONE MONTH! YES SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS WALKING - it's important to make your body active and condition it to be active DAILY or at least bi-daily so it gets use to the changes you are going to put it through on your diet.
- Drink Much? Whatcha Having? - It's just a beverage right? And you hate buying a 'diet' anything or a 'low fat' anything as well because you know how gross it usually tastes... Ask yourself right now how many times a day do you consume a beverage and what is it that you are drinking? If you can replace 40-50% of your intake with SIMPLE TAP WATER you are also on your way to losing up to 5 lbs this month from that technique alone. Our body needs water, and often times DOES NOT need any other additives that are found in over 90% of the crap that brands get us to buy.
- Did You Take Your Vitamins Today? - Even those old school Flinstone vitamins are better than nothing - in fact A LOT better. Taking vitamins will replenish you and give you energy throughout your day where you would otherwise get fooditis (the term I use when you get VERY LAZY after a meal). Next time you're at your mall or supermarket, grab some general all purpose vitamins and START TAKING THEM - It may not be something you'll have to do for the rest of your life, but right now your body needs to see change, and needs to start absorbing something good again.
- You Love Fast Food Too Much - That doesn't necessarily mean that you go to burger joints every single day and eat nothing but grease (but some of you probably do). It more so means that you rarely cook at home, or use cheap brands and fast efficient microwave dinners or 'convenient cooking' techniques which are usually botched and full of fake replacements (have you actually read and educated yourself HOW to read the nutrition factors of a box when buying food? you should!).