After the excitement of the proposal is over, the choosing begins. You’ll be busy selecting a wedding venue, a catering company, music, flowers, and a dress. Another decision to add to your list is your future husband’s wedding band.
While some may find it easy to choose a woman's wedding band, it can be quite a feat to decide what ring to get for your husband-to-be. Your guy probably wouldn't know the first thing about jewelry and might make a hasty decision about the one piece of jewelry he will ever wear. Well, fret no more! Here are tips you can follow when selecting a fashionable wedding band for your guy.
Read through the tips, and then head over to Manlybands.com to choose the perfect wedding band for your man from the convenience of your home.
1. Personality and lifestyle
At the foremost of your considerations should be your man's personality and lifestyle.
- Is he the quiet type or is he outgoing? Would he prefer a ring that's classic and subdued, or would he be interested in a unique and eye-catching design?
- Is he stylish and likes to experiment with different fashion trends? Or, is your man more conservative and sticks to tried-and-tested combinations of clothes?
- Is your guy the outdoorsy type and likes to rough it out in the woods? Would he be needing a very durable and hardy wedding band? Or, is he more of an indoors guy and prefers quiet pastimes?
Taking note of your fiance's tastes and preferences will help you choose the perfect wedding band for him.
Let your guy choose the width he wants for his wedding band. When you bring him to a jewelry shop, let him see and try on a variety of men's wedding rings. There are no hard-and-fast rules, but usually, men with big fingers will look good wearing wide rings and men with long and slim fingers may want to choose thin wedding bands.
Naturally, wider bands will cost more than slim designs. If your man prefers a wide wedding band, you can still make it fit in your budget by selecting a metal that's not as expensive as platinum.
You may look at your options for a variety of widths from 2mm all the way up to 9mm wedding rings. You're sure to find the wedding band that your husband-to-be will love to wear and that will fit his lifestyle.
What metal would your man want to wear daily on his ring finger? The basic metal choices are platinum, yellow gold, white gold, and rose gold.
- Platinum is the most expensive metal available. It's very durable and dense, so it can be heavy to wear. Make sure your man is comfortable with wearing a weighty band. The advantage of platinum, however, is that it's hypoallergenic. If your guy reacts to gold or other metals, you'd be safest to invest in a platinum wedding ring for him.
- Yellow gold is classic and quite reasonably priced. Gold is quite durable as well, although lighter to wear than platinum.
- White gold is the most common metal chosen by men for their wedding rings, as the color is attractive but not flashy. Note, however, that white gold contains nickel. If your man is allergic to nickel, choose another metal for him.
- Rose gold is becoming quite a popular metal choice nowadays. The color is produced out of a blend of gold and copper. If you're looking for a unique metal, rose gold may be worth considering.
- Nowadays, there are actually other metals that are interesting to consider. You may choose from the following: gold plated, wood, antler, damascus steel, gibeon meteorite, black zirconium, cobalt chrome, tungsten, titanium, carbon fiber, cerakote, dinosaur bone, and diamond-laden. If you're going for a one-of-a-kind and striking look, select a modern metal for your groom's wedding band.
Since your husband-to-be will be wearing his wedding band daily, get him a ring that he can wear comfortably and confidently. There are usually two kinds of fit to choose from.
- The traditional fit has a flat interior. Let your man try a few rings in the traditional fit, and see if he's comfortable wearing this type of ring.
- The comfort fit has a domed interior. This type of ring fits snugly on your man's finger. If your guy is not used to wearing rings, the comfort fit may be best-suited for him.
The term finish refers to the texture of the metal. You have to choose the finish of your man's wedding ring. Here are your options:
- High polish - High polish metals have a reflective finish. If your man likes his wedding ring shiny, then go for the high polish finish.
- Matte - Other men shy away from anything even a bit flashy, so if your guy is one of them, opt for the matte finish. Matte rings are less reflective, but are modern and look good.
- Combination - For your stylish man, you may want to offer the combination finish which mixes the high polish and matte finish. These rings look quite unique.
In the past, men's wedding bands came in very plain colors and styles. Nowadays, however, you and your guy have more options. You may even go as far as putting some diamonds or gemstones on your man's wedding band. Show your guy some options with stones on the rings and see if these would interest him.
You may personalize your groom's wedding band by having some details engraved into his wedding band. You may decide together on what to have engraved inside the wedding band of your man. Some common examples are the wedding date, your names, or a short motto that you both want to remember and live by.
Choosing a fashionable and beautiful wedding band for your man can be an adventure and can be enjoyable for both of you. Set aside enough time for this task, so that you can both go through as many options as possible. Nowadays, you're not limited to just exploring physical stores. You may also do your wedding ring shopping online. Follow the aforementioned tips, and you're bound to find the wedding band that will perfectly suit your Prince Charming.