What are the tips for buying silver jewelry?
- Look at the regulations for the identification of national gold and silver jewelry labels: “Each piece of gold and silver jewelry should have a logo”. The marking includes materials, name, gold content, silver content and brand names, such as "S925" and "S990", which means that the silver content is 92.5% and 99% respectively; the gold and silver jewelry without logo is not reliable.
- Look at the color, the higher the purity, the whiter the silver. The jewelry needs to look shiny and polished. If it contains lead, the jewelry will show a blue-gray color; if it contains copper, the surface of the jewelry will look rough and the color will not be moisturized. Observed by the eyes, it picture infinity necklace looks white, shiny, fine workmanship, and has 925 mark on the jewelry, which is a high-quality silver jewelry; If it looks yellowish with rough work, it is low-quality silver jewelry. The silver jewelry with poor color must be fake silver jewelry.
- Watch the color from the outside. he surface of silver decoration is delicate and slightly yellowish silver-white, with strong brightness and soft metallic luster, which can be judged as the content of silver above S925. It darkens over time and the imitation won't darken.
- The density of silver is 10.53/cm3. It is smaller than platinum, gold, and has no hand-feeling, but heavier than other metals that are silver-like. Generally speaking: "Aluminum is light, silver is heavy, copper is not light and not heavy." Therefore, the weight can make a preliminary judgment on whether it is silver. If the jewelry is large in size and light in weight, it can be preliminarily judged that the jewelry belongs to other metals. The hardness of silver is lower than that of copper, and it is larger than lead and tin. It can use a pin to scratch in the humble place of the jewelry for testing. If the needle is slippery and the surface is difficult to leave traces, it can be judged as copper jewelry; if it name bracelets<here>is lead or tin, the traces are obvious and prominent; if the objects have traces and are not obvious, they can be initially judged as silver ornaments. Bending silver jewelry by hand, soft enamel, easy to bend and easy to break the color is better; stiff, or barely twisted, and some can not even bend with the fingers is with poor color; the one can not withstand bending, and easily broken is fake silver jewelry.
- Look at the production process. Regular brand products should be fine and beautiful. Such as the surface is soft and bright, appearance rules without defects, the setting is smooth, and there is no looseness; the jewelry pattern is delicate and clear, the lines are smooth, no blooming; the frosted surface is evenly bright and no particles.