For a lot of women, having flawless skin is of uttermost importance. However, with the passing of time, it can happen that the aspect of the skin is modified; the aging process leads to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while the prolonged exposure to the sun accentuates such changes. The more time one spends in the sun, the higher the risk for the premature aging of the skin is going to be; moreover, this exposure can also cause dark spots to appear. Before you despair, you should know that it is possible to get rid of dark spots and improve the overall appearance of the skin. You have top moisturizers, natural remedies, and much more other great choices, as you will discover below.
Why do dark spots appear on the skin?
As it was mentioned above, the prolonged exposure to the sun is one of the main reasons that lead to the appearance of dark spots on the skin. Unfortunately, these dark spots can have a negative impact on your complexion, making you look older than you are. One of the best anti aging tips that could be offered, about dark spots, is to begin using sunscreen on a regular basis. Apply it on your face and other exposed areas, not only in the summer or during the peak hours of the day but also for the other seasons and when it is cloudy outside.
Apart from the exposure to the sun, dark spots can appear as a side-effect of various drugs. The body responds to the medication in question, causing the said reaction. Given such risks, it is always a good idea to read the prescription of the medication and talk to your doctor about what can happen. Acne breakouts can lead to dark spots and uneven pigmentation, especially if the healing process is prolonged. To avoid such hyperpigmentation, you might want to refrain from picking or breaking pimples. This will cause an infection, which will take longer to heal and with a higher risk for dark spots.
What are the best solutions against dark spots?
If you have noticed that a lot of dark spots have appeared at the level of the skin, you might want to seek out a topical treatment. There are plenty of top quality creams that you can use, to restore the healthy appearance of the skin and say goodbye to the uneven complexion. Just make sure that you stay away from low-quality products and use only creams that have proven, active ingredients, with beneficial properties for the skin.
Skin brightening creams
Skin brightening creams can help you get rid of dark spots, especially when they contain natural ingredients, such as vitamin C. Used on a regular basis, these creams will make the dark spots fade away, eliminating other signs of hyperpigmentation at the same time. Soon, you will be able to enjoy your even complexion once again. Other ingredients that are highly beneficial for such problems are seaweed extract and hyaluronic acid, so make sure to check those labels with increased attention. Keep in mind that seaweed extract can repair the damage at the level of the skin, while hyaluronic acid has hydrating and nourishing properties.
Facial masks are a great way to hydrate the skin and restore its healthy-looking appearance. When it comes to getting rid of dark spots, you can either prepare a DIY facial mask in the comfort of your own home or use store-bought facial masks. What matters is that you seek out facial masks that contain active natural ingredients, capable of targeting those stubborn dark spots and improving the overall appearance of the skin.
There are many natural ingredients that you can use for the making of a facial mask. For example, you can easily prepare a DIY mask by using freshly squeezed lemon juice, plain yogurt and wild rose extract. Keep in mind that lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, which is widely known for its skin brightening properties. Yogurt has similar properties, being easy to combine with the lemon juice; it is worth mentioning that yogurt is rich in lactic acid, which can effectively work on areas of hyperpigmentation, such as the dark spots.
Other solutions to take into consideration
If you are not satisfied with the results offered by the skin brightening creams and facial masks, you should give the following solutions a try:
• Potato slices – apply them directly on the dark spots and maintain the application for a couple of minutes. Potatoes are rich in starch, having skin brightening properties. When done, rinse the skin with lukewarm water.
• Buttermilk – buttermilk, like yogurt, is rich in lactic acid. It can brighten the skin, making dark spots less visible. For the best results, you can combine buttermilk with tomato juice. Maintain the application for a quarter of an hour, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
• Aloe vera – to get rid of the dark spots, all you have to do is apply natural aloe vera gel on them. You can also massage the area in question for better results. Repeat several times per day, for several weeks or until you notice the desired results.
• Sandalwood – you can make dark spots less visible by mixing sandalwood powder with glycerin and rose water. Apply the resulting mixture on the dark spots and maintain the application for a couple of minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water when done.
• Turmeric – Turmeric is well-known for its skin brightening properties. For the best results, combine it with milk and lemon juice. Apply the resulting mixture on the dark spots and leave it on for several minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water when done.
These are some of the best remedies you can resort to, to get rid of dark spots and enjoy flawless skin once again. As you have seen, you do have some great choices available, so make sure to give all of these suggestions a try. You can also use skin care products that target such problems, such as active plus youth; these can improve the overall appearance of the skin, allowing you to look fantastic for as long as it is possible.