Men, especially in the rapping business, or those who emulate their stars by wearing jewelry like them, are very fond of buying and flaunting their gold. A lot of these men prefer wearing 10K or 14K gold jewelry because that quality of gold is stronger and lighter than their purer counterparts. And therefore, it is much easier to wear the trademark chunky chains and bracelets flaunted by those inspired by the pop culture.
Although gold doesn’t react with much of the stuff around it, the compounds used in our everyday routine can coat them with a layer of grime which makes them appear dull and dingy. Apart from that, chemicals like chlorine can permanently discolor them. However, with a few simple tips, you can keep your gold gleaming for much longer. Take a look:
1. Keep away from soap and spa: Your gold jewelry will get affected by the soap or shampoo you use while going about your daily routine. So make it a rule to remove your gold before you go into the shower or walk in for a spa treatment. Moreover, the chemicals present in hair sprays and deodorants tarnish any kind of jewelry. So make sure that you keep your jewelry away while using these products.
2. Use jewelry polishing cloth: You can clean your gold jewelry at home with the help of a soft chamois cloth and a commercial cleaner from the market. Ask your jeweler for some brands or solutions that you can safely use.
3. Use anti-tarnish strips: If jewelry is not worn for a while, it starts tarnishing. Anti-tarnishing strips absorb the oxidants present in their vicinity. Placing a few strips in your jewel box will save the shine of your precious jewelry until your next wear.
4. Use a jewelry case: Do not store more than one piece of jewelry in a single box. They can strike each other during movement and cause damage. Also, never carry your jewels in anything but a jewel box to protect them from getting rubbed and scratched against any harsh material.
5. Ultrasonic cleaning machine: If you want, you can also invest in an ultrasonic cleaning machine. It works by producing high-frequency sound waves in a pool of liquid in which the jewelry is immersed. The sound waves, which are not audible to human ears, perform a scrubbing action on the intricate patterns and give a thorough cleansing. However, one needs to research the kind of liquid that would be compatible with the metal you are using.
With these simple tips, you can keep your prized jewels gleaming for long. Another benefit of taking care of your jewelry is that you can keep building your collection over time, and all of your jewels will appear new and shiny. And then if you want to mix and match your chains and pendants, you can do that without worrying about them looking mismatched.
Talking about new jewelry, how about checking out some cool collections of 14k gold chains for men?
Comments are closed for this blog post