A stylish clutch bag is indispensable to complete any look. It not only helps enhance the carefully put-together look, but also serves the practical purpose of carrying all your essentials. If you too are planning to buy a new clutch bag, here are a few tips that you should consider finding the perfect clutch bag for yourself.
1. Material: Clutches for women are available in a variety of materials. If you are looking for a clutch should which go well along with both western and ethnic outfits, an embellished black leather clutch is recommended. If you are one-for-each-outfit type, then you may buy coloured leather clutches. A coloured suede leather clutch looks classy and helps make a statement.
2. Occasion: Apart from leather, there are satin or silk clutches with beautiful embroidery or other type of detailing on them. These clutches are ideal for festive occasions such as sangeet, weddings etc. For a cocktail party with friends or a dinner date, leather or suede is a good option. To complete an official look, you may carry solid-coloured or printed clutches which have small metal handles.
3. Size: The size of the clutch you choose decides how many items you can out into it. So, if you are someone who might just need anything and any point of time, then choose an oversized clutch. On the other hand, if you are a minimalist, a standard-sized clutch bad will serve the purpose. It is also important to carry a clutch bag according to your body-type. If you are petite, avoid carrying oversized clutches as it might not seem proportionate to your body. Generally, a standard-sized clutch fits the bill and is sure to complement any outfit.
4. Shape: Rectangular clutches are the most common in terms of shape. You may choose a different choice depending upon your preference. The shape of the clutch bag should contrast with your body type. For example, if you are curvy, choose a rectangular or box-shaped clutch. If you are lean, choose a clutch with softer edges. You may experiment with creative shapes such as lip-shaped, heart-shaped, book-shaped clutch etc.
5. Embellishments: Gems and embroidery are the most common types of embellished clutches. Other than this, you may buy clutches with bows, feathers, ruffles, crystals, glitter, cloth flowers metal-work etc. Do not carry an embellished purse with an equally embellished dress as it makes you look quite over-the-top. If your dress is simple, wear elegant pieces of jewellery with it and then pair the clutch accordingly. The thumb rule here is; more jewellery, less embellishment and vice-versa.
6. Accessories: As recommended on parisciel.com, “don’t forget to match your evening bag with the accessories you’re wearing for the night. If you’re wearing silver jewellery, your bag’s buckle or strap should have silver accent. Wearing silver jewellery with bags that have gold hardware will look weird and out of place.”
Did you find these tips helpful?Please leave comments below.