How To Be A Make-Up Artist For Editorials, Ad Campaigns, Private Clients, & Celebs IN NYC Nov 6th.
Don't want to work behind a make-up counter?
M Shop NYC has teamed with expert make-up artist Justin St. Clair in order to impart you with FIRST HAND knowledge on how to get make-up gigs for photo shoots, fashion shows, campaigns, & celebrities!
We began as an uber trendy downtown NYC boutique that dressed countless A-listers including Mary J Blige, Shakira, L’il Kim, Lenny Kravitz, Pharell, and the Dixie Chicks to name a few, and has since morphed into an E-commerce website that in addition to the most informative workshops around, provides Fashion Business Start-up, Marketing, and Manufacturing Consulting; produces tons of Fashion Shows & Special Events for designers, retailers, and corporations nationwide; includes a Public Relations division; we also design & sell our own successful M Shop line. We have been seen spitting fashion tips and trend spotting on Full Frontal Fashion, Fox's Ambush Makeover, The Today Show, and most major fashion magazines out there. And we do it ourselves, without any press person working for us. We have a marketing partnership with 24/Seven, the Fashion Industry's leading job placement agency; teach at Parsons The New School For Design, and even boast our own online Art Gallery which supports new talent.
We conduct separate How To Become a Fashion Stylist and How To Be A Hair Stylist For Editorials, Ad Campaigns, & Private Clients Workshops that you may also want to take.
Learn from celebrity make-up artist:
1. Everything you need to know to embark on a career in print, video, film, TV, runway, & personal/celebrity clients
2. How to self-promote and plan your business
3. What makes a good make-up artist and the avenues to take to become a working one, breaking into the freelance realm
4. How to build the best portfolio, what should and shouldn’t be included & keeping it fresh and current
5. Positioning yourself as a brand and structuring a legitimate business
6. Building relationships with agencies, photographers, stylists, designers, clients, and the press
7. Positioning yourself as a brand and structuring a legitimate business
8. Tools of the trade: website/social networks, resume, business cards, comp cards, media kits, and how to create them
9. Keeping up with trends & developing your signature style
10. How to secure an agent and the pros and cons of having one
11. Get a full industry overview; how it works & how to work it
This 2-hour will provide you with all of the tools required to get the most creative, fast paced & exhilarating jobs in the make-up world! Taught by a leading make-up artist, this workshop is very thorough and intense, but is a fun place to network, meet, and learn. You will gain knowledge on ALL aspects of building a sound portfolio and making the right connections to get the right bookings. In fact, you are NOT likely to find all of this information in any one place. This workshop provides invaluable consolidated information based on First Hand experience and knowledge which makes applying it extremely approachable. A question and answer period will follow so that you get your personal questions answered. In addition, all registrants will receive access to our Fashion Newsletters and a very thorough Resource Guide that includes tons of resources you’ll need along the way.
Register @ http://www.mshopfashionworkshops.com
Or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 501-1349 to order, or for more information.