Jewelry trends change just like clothing trends, but a few jewelry styles are always in fashion. Gold wedding bands, silver necklace pendants and stud earrings remain staples of a comprehensive jewelry wardrobe decade after decade. But just because earring studs are a traditional jewelry go-to doesn't mean you can't use them to spice up your daily look. Stud earrings offer you the perfect way to personalize an outfit without feeling like people can see you coming from a mile away. A new pair of unique earring studs will give you something fun to accessorize with, and soon you'll have a wide assortment of earrings in your jewelry collection that will put your personal stamp on suits, dresses and jeans. Consider these favorites when shopping for new earrings.
Stud Earrings with Personality:
1. Mysticism: Studearrings often incorporate gemstones -- diamonds are usually the most popular. When looking for something unique, consider studs with mystic topaz gems. Mystic topaz is topaz that has been enhanced to give the stone a fantastical hue and iridescence. Mystic topaz is found in many different colors, including blue, orange, red and purple.
2. Good luck: Symbols give your jewelry a more personal vibe. Good luck charms make for very fun stud earrings. Consider studs with horseshoes, clovers and stars. Choose the symbols that will bring you luck and remind you of the luck you've had in life.
3. Celebrate: Fashion changes with the seasons and earrings can also be used to express your love of changing seasons and your favorite holidays. Pumpkin stud earrings in the fall, tropical-themed earrings in the summer and gift-shaped studs in December will help you celebrate your favorite celebrations. Studearrings with religious symbols are also great for specific holidays and seasons.
4. Eat: Your mom may have told you not to play with your food, but she probably didn't tell you not to wear it. Stud earrings shaped like carrots, cheeseburgers, ice cream cones, cupcakes and strawberries will add a bit of whimsy to any outfit.
5. Take flight: Feathers are incredibly fashionable right now, as are the trends they support, such as Western, Native American and animal-inspired fads. Feather stud earrings are pretty and wild at the same time. Choose studs with tiny gold feathers or studs with large authentic blue feathers for your collection.