When you choose DIY solar, you’re taking control of your solar project. While a DIY solar system involves some extra effort, you can act as your own project manager and save thousands when setting up your solar panels. You can build it yourself, hire local laborers to help, or do a mix of both.

We’re huge advocates for solar energy, but we recognize it isn’t the right solution for everyone. While solar is sustainable and ultimately cheaper than utility power in the long run, it also requires a significant up-front investment and doesn’t work for every property/roof type.

The ultimate question is whether the advantages of solar power outweigh the disadvantages. In this article, we’ll present the pros and cons of solar energy so that you can decide if going solar makes sense for you.

Advantages of Solar Energy

• Energy independence
  • Eliminate electric bill
  • Profitable investment
  • Strong government incentives
  • Sustainable
  • Low maintenance
  • Improves property value

Disadvantages of Solar Energy

• Expensive upfront
  • Takes up space
  • Energy storage is expensive
  • Not right for every property
  • Makes less sense if you rent

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What do you think 2 plates of 300 watt solar panels is enough for running a family of 4 person. I am planning to buy one from https://www.bougerv.com/products/300w-12v-9bb-mono-solar-panel
    300W(100W*3pcs) 12V 9BB Mono Solar Panel
    300W solar panel is perfect for off-grid setups like RVs, boats, and cabins. Maximize your solar power potential with this 12V 9BB 300 watt mono sola…
  • The investment into solar becomes even more appealing when you take government incentives into account. State and federal programs are in place to encourage people to invest in renewable energy. Claiming these can put a ton of cash back in your pocket.
  • Last year, my husband and I decided to install solar panels on our roof, as we try to do everything in our power to help our planet. Unfortunately, not everyone has yet realized how much our planet is suffering. We googled and eventually chose this one company https://a1solarstore.com/blog/different-types-of-inverters-under-th.... My husband is quite fastidious, but even he liked the service that this company provides. They took our requirements and consult us on the best solution for our specific situation. Unfortunately, in recent years, it is rare to meet a company that is so individually suited to each of its clients.
    Different Types of Solar Inverters | 4 types of solar inverters Descr:
    Since your home runs on alternating current, the inverter is actually the piece of equipment that powers it, not the panels. Having a clear understan…
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.