Is that too ambitious?  When I came up with that idea a few months ago, I thought great.  I want to open my own web based shoe business, that should be easily done.  I got retrenched from my job last year, so have a tiny bit of savings, why not just open an online shoe boutique!  Not that hard right??

Wrong!  Unfortunately it's a lot harder than that.  I've been sitting down, trying to work on a business plan, and was sketching some shoe designs, and realised a lot of my drawings tend to aim more for the middle to high income earners (is that even viable in this climate?)

To be honest, other than the EU and the US, other countries are still doing well.  Especially in Asia.  Look at China, business is booming, and the rich are getting richer there.

I wanted to have hand made quality shoes made for all the women out there.  I believe a good pair of well made shoes is better than 50 of those cheaply made shoes that look gorgeous but are worn out after a few wears.  I wanted to have shoes that look good but have a hint of playfulness and girliness to it.  It's alright to look smart in your business attire, but a satin bow here or some lace peeking out wouldn't kill, would it?

I started working on a business plan (it's quite difficult as I have no business experience either) last month, and up until now, I'm still struggling in trying to complete it.  I'm trying to write up the Market Analysis (surveys), and having trouble at aiming at my market.  What groups of women am I trying to target?  What groups are there out there anyway??  Who can I target with these type of designs??

I find it hard, trying to think up the business side and being creative as well.  Really exhausting!  I've done some research and a lot of factories will only make 100 pairs of one design/style, and the minimum they would make is 30 pairs of shoes, which is quite a lot as I'm going to be just a small business (starting from home).  If anyone have any ideas where I can find handmade shoes wholesalers, that would be great too =)

Anyone got any ideas or advise (business and fashion wise), I would gladly welcome them.

Greatly appreciate you time.

Cheers,

May

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.