Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to the fashion industry network community. I joined today because I am trying to get feedback on an idea for a fahion membership club. You know, like Gilt Groupe, Rue La La and others.

Here's what I'm interested in trying to do differently:

I'm interested in finding new designers who are trying to launch their line and giving them a place to launch that is full of members who love being the first people to find out about new brands, styles and trends.

Since many new designers don't have the capital to launch their line effectively, we will fund the production of a small run of 101 for each of 10 pieces per designer and sell them exclusively to our members. Once those 101 are sold out, you'll never be able to buy that piece again so if you find something you like, you don't have to worry about showing up to a party and seeing someone else wearing the same outfit!

How does this sound to everyone? More importantly, if you have a few moments, please take a look at the site (it's a beta so may be a little slow to load) and give me some feedback. I'm particularly interested in understanding what questions, you would have when deciding if this was someone you wanted to launch your label with. Or, in general if you were interested in becoming a member. 

http://www.madisonspicks.com/designers

Views: 460

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey, wats up!!!

really impressed with the idea of promoting new designers as very truly said new buds face financial prob....but not very clear with your idea, it would be great if you can be explain....

regards

mark.

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the feedback. Let me try to explaina little more clearly. I guess we need a lot of work on our website copy :)

Basically, what we are trying to do is to work with designers who have designs for a collection that are ready to go but don't have the financing to actually produce them.

You submit your designs to us, we review them and then we talk to see if there is a good fit between us and if it makes sense for us to work together. If so, we take the designs, and work with some manufacturers to create a small run of 101 pieces for each item, then make them available on our website to our members.

We split the revenue (net of production costs)

does that clarify things?

hi,

thanks for the clarification...i appreciate your thoughts..i think, you will have a good market, as today fashion industry is on a boom and most of the youngsters today  believe in staring up there business after gaining an experience of 2-3 years. even i have been through this stage...do keep me posted once your finalize your plan.

regards mark.

Personally, I think it is an uphill battle.  HOWEVER, anything is possible.  My concern with it is that I think even a company like Gilt would run into challenges in the long run.  And they have a "huge" amount of financing in place.

You may want to read my previous post about Gilt raising 138 Million dollars.

Also, read the Private Shopping Clubs Selling Clothing post.

I most certainly do not want to discourage you.  If you put your mind to it, you can make anything happen.  Good luck with what ever you decide.  The important thing to keep in mind is that many companies WILL make money doing a similar concept to what you are thinking.  If their is room for another, it may as well me you making a go at it.

FYI: Here is a site that I started but have not yet had a chance to finish.  The designer fashion club...

It sounds like a website put up to finish a class project. 

Hello everyone!

MLoyal is an organization which provides Mobile Loyalty and Mobile coupons services to it's client in FASHION INDUSTRY. So, we have become the part of this community and know what all is happening in this industry and what is the latest trends.

Wish to have a great conversation and discussions.

sounds like a great idea for a starter. i would like to know the details. which sort of style you are seeking or anything just it is really a fabulous design?

If you decide to use a swimsuit designer, check out our website, Azure Swimwear.  We are an up-and-coming, high-end swimsuit line that specializes in incorporating gemstones and beading to our swimwear. 

Great idea and good luck with this! 

I'm a Freelance Designer of a New Design for swimwear looking to find someone who is interested in helping buying or producing my swimsuit design. I'm need someone who has the capability to finish the manufacturing and development of this design to mass produce it....tan-a-web.com email is webswimsuit@yahoo.com

This sounds like a great idea but i'm looking to mass produce my new design its very different and adds a creative approach to Womens Swimwear

SWIMWEAR MANUFACTURE-MADE IN BRAZIL

Nanda Bikinis is located in Brazil and is  especialized  in Private Label. We can  make the bikinis and cover ups that  you desire .We can work with small  quantity and develop a special showcase for you! Our priority is Honestity and the clients satisfaction . (www.nandabikinis.com)

I think it is a great idea! New designers generally do not have a huge start up capital with never ending financing, it would be a great site to launch their new lines.

What would your target demographic be? Also, how are you planning on advertising your new site?

Keep us at The Shoe Suite updated! I may know a designer or two that might be interested in joining, and I am sure some of us would be interested in membership.

e-mail us with more info: info@theshoesuite.com

www.theshoesuite.com

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion News

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

Donate a few bucks to help the Fashion Industry Network (donate with Paypal).

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.