There are many sides to the fashion industry and I'm going to give you book name for each area:
1. Understanding the fashion industry - Fashion: from concept to consumer (Author:Stephens Frings, Gini)
2. Consumer psychology - The Why of the Buy (Patricia Mink Rath) and Buyology (Martin Lindstrom)
3. Intro to manufacturing - Apparel Manufacturing: sewn product analysis (Ruth Glock)
4. Visual Merchandising - Silent Selling: best practices in visual merchandising (Judith Bell)
5. Basic management - Management (Stephen.P.Robbins)
6. Fabric technology - Textiles (Sara.J.Kadolphe)
7. Buying fundamental - Retail Buying:from basic to fashion (Richard Clodfelter) and Math for merchandising (Moore)
8. Fashion marketing - Principles of Marketing (Philip Kolter)
9. Product Development -Beyond Design (Sandra.J.Keiser)
10. design principles - Design Basics (David.A.Lauer). A MUST for all major.
11. Fashion design - Fundamentals of Fashion Design (Jenny Udale) and the design series book:
These books should make up the business side of fashion, slightly touching fashion design. As some are required classes for both the fashion merchandising major and fashion design major. It's important that you go in this order as some books are the building stone for others.
What a informative reply @Vivian. Its just like you have shared a complete list to get success in the fashion industry.
Fashion Industry is a marketplace providing detailed information on fashion service,fashion manufacturers,fashion suppliers,fashion wholesales.The directoty also includes important sections on global fashion industry，industry overview, tenders,publications,upcoming trade shows,associations,articles,latest fashion news etc.
Once a month, we have a seminar(2 days), max: 4 people.
How to launch a collection and all that you need to know about fashion Industry.Very intense day.
Visit fashion district and/or your wishes. We help you to build your project.http://www.jomsy.com/consulting