For apparel brands and manufacturers having a sourcing strategy that is cost-effective and provides great quality is key to success. But it's easier said than done. But their tips which you can use to improve the sourcing process of your business.
- Conduct market research and look outside your geographical regions. Apparel is a global industry and you should be looking for suppliers from all over the world for the best deal.
- Once you find suppliers look at their past history, collect information on multiple suppliers, and negotiate.
- Don’t forget to track the performance of your suppliers. Give them scorecards
- Plan your materials requirements efficient
- Prioritize effective communication between you and your supplier
- Modernize your costing and budgeting process using fashion ERP software or other apparel management software