Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

There is an abundance of jewellery in the market. But sterling silver is one of the most popular materials for jewellery, it has a natural defect: tarnish easily. When contacts with oxygen or sulfur, the surface of sterling silver will oxide and appear dirty and discoloured. By using Several simple methods you can clean your sterling silver jewellery easily.

1. Dishwashing soap.
2. White toothpaste.
3. Baking soda

Check for more details https://www.jewelry1000.com/blog/how-to-clean-and-care-for-sterling...

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We can use detergent with warm water and baking soda to clean silver jewelry.

we drop the silver jewelry tea(from tea bag) with warm water. after some time it'll be clean. 

These methods are helpful apart from these you can also try below-mentioned techniques.

• Soap And Water
  • Baking Soda And Water
  • Lemon Juice And Olive Oil
  • Baking Soda And White Vinegar
  • Baking Soda, Boiling Water, Salt, and Aluminium Foil

No doubt, silver jewellery tarnish when it exposed to water. Or even it got some stains when it interacts with sprays, perfumes etc. In the past, to clean my silver jewellery, I kept it in distilled white vinegar for one hour. Addition of 2-3 spoons of baking soda also gives good results. After that, you can clean it with water and dry it with a cotton cloth. Nowadays, I am using Coat & Shine's silver cleaner from here https://www.coat-shine.com/en-us/clean_silver. You just need to take a few drops of this cleanser on an already given microfibre cloth and then can clean your jewellery without any damage. Yeah! Most of my silver jewellery is a little expensive and have stones, that's why I prefer this product.

However, I also heard that the use of toothpaste with soft toothbrush could give good results to clean silver jewellery. Similarly, you can also replace the toothpaste with soapy water as well. 

All kinds of jewelry require care and good attitude. All of them get dirty and scratched over time. I have a lot of jewelry made of silver and gold and I know how to treat every single piece. My favorites are earrings, I buy them in large quantities like a maniac. There is a very large selection of earrings where anyone can find something. What is important is that there is information on how to take care of them so as not to spoil it. I usually like to buy gift certificates for my girlfriends here, That is the best gift.

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion News

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.