My name is Dave McIntyre. I am the co-owner and Chairman of ShouldIWearThisOut.com (SIWTO). What makes SIWTO so exciting and unique is that it's the first website of its kind to offer online peer-to-peer fashion advice.

The website technically went live back in March, but now, in the second quarter of 2010, we are really beginning to sink our teeth into the project. Newly self-employed, I now have the time necessary to work on this project.

I am trying to find the best way to market such a website - a content-driven, user-driven social platform.  Making contact via shaking hands and phone calls is still relevant, if not the most effective manner of networking; but what I find fascinating is the social media networking web. And when I say "web," I don't just mean the Internet, though the former is certainly implied and pertinent. Rather, just how all of these networking and blogging and microblogging platforms interact and coalesce into singular body information sharing. If anybody has any insight into maximizing the value of these readily available tools - Twitter, Facebook, et al - please advise.

If this topic lends itself to exhaustive discussion not suited for this forum, please feel free to send me a message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dave McIntyre

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.