After a very disappointing day in July where only 4 of my over 28,000 listings sold, I started to experiment with different methods to improve sales. I’ve added pictures of my Sales, Impressions and Page Views from my Traffic Report.

The first thing I did was “touch” my listings by raising each one of them by $1 using the bulk edit tool. This was supposedly going to change enough in the “listing code” (or some computer language BS) that the ebay algorithm would pick up the change and my listings would get new views. There were no significant changes to impressions, page views or sales.

The second thing I did was run a 5% promoted listings campaign on my existing listings. As you can see in the below charts my impressions and page views increased. Impressions showed a huge increase. Promoted sales also increased.

Also during this time I really started busting my butt adding new listings. I tried to do at least 100 new listings a day and some days I managed to get 300 done. I added almost 2,000 new listings during these 3 weeks. You can see the increase in “organic” sales, these are the new listings that were not in the 5% promoted campaign.

The last thing I did was end and then relist 28,425 listings. These listings had been on ebay for more than 30 days. I did not end/relist any new listings. It took me 4 hours to complete the end/relist. The last time I had done a mass end/relist was just under 4 months ago. You can see the substantial 2 day increase in impressions, page views and solds. Day 1 sales were $830, day 2 sales were $850 and the 3rd day of sales was $308. After I relisted, I sent 20% off offers to the “new” watchers.

I did not change anything in the listings. I just ended all 28,425 (200 at a time) and then “relisted as fixed price” (200 at a time).

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lead data enrichment(https://www.globaldatabase.com/what-is-lead-enrichment) could have played a role in the author's success with these methods. Lead data enrichment involves gathering additional information about potential customers and using that information to enhance marketing efforts. By gaining a deeper understanding of their target audience, the author could have created more effective listings, promotions, and campaigns, ultimately leading to increased sales. In the process of improving sales, the author of the text experimented with various methods, including lead data enrichment. The author tried to touch their listings by raising each one of them by $1 using the bulk edit tool, hoping that it would trigger the eBay algorithm to pick up the change and generate new views. However, this did not result in significant changes to impressions, page views, or sales.
    What is Lead Enrichment and why it matters?
    What is Lead Data Enrichment - how exactly does it improve your bottom margins; how does it help your sales and most importantly how do you take full…
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.