Fashion Industry Network

The Fashion Industries Favorite Business Network ...

So i am brand new in this business i have a lot of sketches but have very little sewing skills, but i want to either start my own line or sell my designs or find a partner, someone who has the same passion as me but with better sewing skills and can work together to start or establish a fashion line, at this point i want to get my foot out there. i just need help on what steps to take. Thank you

Views: 639

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks appreciate it

Contact: vird_k0005@yahoo.com web:www.indiamart.com/leelabydharam ; Mob:+919878916152

Hiii, i eagerly look forward for your details:

We are offering enchanting range of ladies embroidered garments like:

- Embroidered Tops
- Embroidered Dresses
- Embroidered Kaftans
- Embroidered And Printed Skirts
- Embroidered Bridal...
We are offering fashionable range of ladies apparels like:

- Ladies Shirts
- Ladies Tops
- Ladies Casual Dresses
- Ladies Digital Print Garments
- Ladies Hand Painted Garments
- Ladies...
We are offering fashionable range of ladies apparels like:

- Ladies Shirts
- Ladies Tops
- Evening Dresses
- Swaroskivi Garments (Crystal Work)
- Casual Dresses
- Digital Print...
* Features: Highly durable and reliable, stylish and attractive, available in various sizes, colors and patterns, elegant in designs, ensures color fastness and tear strength, trendy cuts, comfortable, cost effective.

* Various kinds of embroidery that include: Chikankari, zardosi, kantha work, sequin work etc.

* Customization: Deliver customized garments.

* Packaging: Durable and safe packaging as per the requirements of the clients.

* Delivery: As per terms & condition.

* Incepted in the year: 1978.

* Clients: Spread all across the globe.

oh oh,i have the same passion as u, and the lines are very helpful above, thanks!

i will keep an eye on this topic on and on!

folkdeals.com

Hi, Adaeze!

Well, your original post was last year but, anyway, here's a reply, better late than never! :)

You don't have to be a sewing expert to go on your start and run your fashion business :) To complement the skills you lack you'd either find a partner, gain that qualification through work experience, or learn it in school/self-study, or hire someone to do it for you. This logic applies not only for finding a sewing partner but also to enhance other skills that are needed to start, run and grown a business.

Since the fashion industry is highly competitive and is in constant change, I'd suggest you to plan ahead to avoid potential pitfalls. Remember that failing to plan is planning to fail and each of paths to choose (going on your own, partner yourself with a designer or manager/investor, wholesale or retail your designs), having it's owns pros and cons, could take you to different places (perhaps one that will not fully maximise your strengths or achieve your personal and financial objectives!).

If you go on your own you'll have the chance to charge the full retail price (higher markups) whereas selling your designs through wholesale will get you lower markups but perhaps you'll reach more consumers through different stockists. You can even do both (target both consumers and stockists/distributors)! Going solo or getting a creative/technical partner are very different natures.

Anyway how do you see both yourself and your fashion business in 5 years?

Rod

Fashion Business Designer™

Questions & discussions are welcomed!
Skype fashion.business.designer
wow, you had a lot of help tips. to be honest i dont know i want to go down this road by myself. and becos i am a raw talent (no school experience) it has forced e to really look into going to school and getting some basic education about the fashion world. its also unfortunate that i live in a place like phoenix, Az cos fashion is slowly coming up here.

Hey, Adaeze!

Why don't you travel to New York or Los Angeles and do a short course in a trustable fashion school  (perhaps one day seminars!) on fashion business, or fashion production or fashion design? You don't have to do a 4 year graduate career to start your fashion business! If the mountain will not come to Adaeze, Aedeze must go to the mountain! ;)

Rod

Hello,

Your ideas sound really interesting.I think you have come to right place as this place is full of fashionable people and people from fashion industry.You will definitely get help from people.All the best for your future.

Check out my blog post and website for detail guide how you should go about it .

http://clothingtechpacl.blogspot.com

http://paromita.fashionsblogs.com

http://www.paromitadas.com

For any further help please contact me thorugh my website.

Best regards

Paromita

Hi 

i m a fashion designer specialize in women's wear having my label which i just started recently here in india (new delhi ) by the name of "AURA" and running an export company by the name of "AMATTRA EXPORTS" . We are the manufacturers and exporter of High fashion women's wear , accessories and bags .We specialize in ladies dresses as well as fashion dresses. We specially manufactured the ladies tops, kaftans, fashion kaftans, beachwear’s, beach cover-ups, ladies skirts, blouses, sarongs, pareos, scarves, shawls , corsets , evening gowns , wedding gowns etc. Value additions like Embroideries-both hand & machine, beadwork & stonework, Crochette, Tie-Dye, Patch Works & Intricate Lace both cotton, crochette, computer embroideries, ari embroidery, appliqué work etc. Also we have Our production unit which is well equipped with state of the art machineries and equipment. We are well equipped with the latest machinery for stitching, knitting, designing and finishing. Skilled professionals who continuously strive to achieve perfection in production procedures. Advanced managing and innovating ideas are infused with staff by periodic training, which contribute to the effective company operation. 

At present we are exporting our manufacturing to germany , usa , london , dubai , algeria and to some in australia and lookin forward to expand our business in australia and setting up  our office in brisbane for more effective working there .

So if you are looking forward to get some sampling of garments or production work . lemme knw

Thanks

Utsav 

Amattra Exports

Hi Adaeze,

First congratulation on starting your own line. 

My company Human B Designer  work with emerging designers on starting their fashion line, develop and produce their products.

I also formed the Indie Design Association, check out our website. We provide indie designers with resources, support, education, mentoring, and community.

Join us for our next FREE online events - "LIVE Q+A" and "How to cost your product" to learn more.

Feel free to contact me for any questions you have.

Good luck

Hello

We appreciate your query and wish you a happy new year. We are manufacturing company in Chennai. India.It is indeed, our strategy is embedded in encouraging low volume customers as well as new designers, so

Please email the pictures to ashokbeth@sportix.ca

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

ashok

Hi,

Thats is great me and my friend who has a clothing manufacturing in Thailand is working together If you are interested please contact me at thecraftyfairy@yahoo.com or info@istilodelamoda

RSS

Fashionable Suggestions

Review more fashion:

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

Fashion Industry Network

Here are some fashion links of interest:

Fashion Industry

Fashion Jobs

Fashion News

Fashion Calendar

Shopping 

Fashion Blog

It is always a good time to learn more about clothes, shoes, style, or accessories.

We hope that you love the apparel industry as much as we do.

© 2019   Created by Apparel1.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.