Quality is clearly a VERY important issue for the fashion industry. We certainly do not want to produce clothing that does not meet quality standards. For years I have known about the term Acceptable Quality Level. This is often referenced as AQL. When I receive inspection reports from inspection resources such as STR or ITS, I often see the terms 4.0 AQL or 2.5 AQL. Although I had a general understanding, I never created a special section for this on Apparel Search. So, I did some research and compiled a new chart. I actually, learned how to make little arrows as well... Anyway, you can see the charts I created at the new AQL Chart section on Apparel Search. I hope you find it helpful. In addition to the main chart, I included at the bottom an example of how to use the system for inspection. I have also created a page for 2.5 AQL and 4.0 AQL. If you work for an inspection company or work in the quality assurance department of a clothing company and you have suggestions on how I can make the above mentioned pages better for viewers, please let me know. Also, you are welcome to use this discuss page to discuss issues relevant to the inspection of fabrics or the inspection of clothing.

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.