Anyone have suggestions on the best fabric to use that is a blended fabric that will absorb water and dry quickly. I am sure that you swimwear people, can fill us in... Here is the question from an Apparel Search viewer today: "I enjoyed reading about the fabric material posted on your website. It is a good research site. I am wondering what material/fabric combination you feel can absorb the most water and dry quickly. If there is one that you would recommend for each, please let me know.". My response to her: I am sorry, but I do not have an exact answer for your question. I suggest you visit the QUALITY TESTING section of Apparel Search. From that area you will find TESTING LABS. Maybe they can help answer your question because they are true textile experts and test fabrics for the qualities you discuss below. Also, maybe you can try the Under Armour site at http://www.underarmour.com/ They do not sell fabric, but they use fabric that does what you are asking. Maybe you can read their product descriptions to try and find some clues to a good fabric to use. You can find fabric mills at www.ApparelSearch.com/fabric.htm or www.ApparelSearch.com/fabric

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ok, I know im a little late reply to the post, but I know there is a fabric which is polyester based and a brand called vapour apparel use it for t-shirts etc for sportswear and they sell blanks for sublimination. I have seen a sample of this fabric from a trade show and it feels like cotton but softer, really nice. Hope this helps
  • Don't know if you still need this info, but under armour uses a semi matte tricot 83% nylon/17% spandex with a moisture management treatment.
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.