I was reading in a book the other day that there isnt anything really called 'brand loyalty'... It then goes on to explain the above as follows: Say you are a loyal customer at ..uummmm...Zara, but then another brand say a competitor to Zara comes along offers you the same at a better orice with a better customer service, it is often seen that you (a customer) will tend to switch loyalty. Think about it. Isnt that true? But if you are truly 'loyal' you would never change no matter what.......i mean that goes for friends doesnt it....would you give up a friendship just when you see that there is a better 'friend' out there, you wouldnt. Now thats loyalty in its true meaning.. Well this is what i read...and i thought this indeed is a very interesting thought. Care to share your views?

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is an interesting topic that you have started. I can not answer well because I personally have "no" brand loyalty when it comes to fashion. As a matter of fact, I would be content if the world was void of brand names entirely. I would never buy a garment based on brand name alone. I may factor it into the purchasing decision, but I am more interested in the items appearance then the brand name.

Years ago, people would wear Polo because it gave them a particular status. If someone saw you wearing a polo shirt (easily recognized by the polo logo on the front of the shirt), you would have the appearance of being well off financially. I truly think that during the peak of the polo empire, people had truly been brand loyal. However, times have changed. At this point in history, I think that people are still very interested in having a "favorite" brand or "favorite" shopping destination. However, I do not think that many people are "loyal" to a brand or store.

Fashion designers should strive for "brand recognition", but please do not get sad if you can not achieve "brand loyalty". This is just the way of the world..
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.