Some times I receive interesting facts regarding textiles... I am not sure if they are "correct", so maybe I should not call them facts. I guess I should call them bits of interesting information. Anyway, here is something I heard about oxford fabric. If you know more about this or think that this statement is wrong, please share your thoughts. For oxford fabric - the quality requirement of oxford yarn is high due to the tight weaving method of oxford : - even thought the yarn count e.g. 40x16's is smaller than poplin 40x40's, the weaving type is 2 yarns uplift and 1 yarn down shift so the amount of yarn used is more than poplin weave - if the yarn quality is bad, e.g. slubs on the yarn body it can show on surface of fabric easily and clearly, the quality will not be acceptable by buyer, so mill tend to use good quality yarn for oxford which is not like poplin, they can use somehow semi cotton yarn for the weft and fully combed for the warp; oxford fabric needs fully combed yarn for both the warp and weft side, otherwise the semi combed fabric will not pass for quality - as poplin construction is for example, 110x50, 40x40 and oxford only had 100x50, 40x16, the yarn size for oxford will be much heavier than poplin This is why the oxford fabric is usually more expensive than poplin. If you know any helpful facts about fabric, you are welcome to post a message in the manufacturers forum ...

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.