We are working towards test marketing our line this Christmas. We were also thinking we should do some market research to help design our advertising and. Not have thousands of dollars, I thought I woulkd try to find a student, studying fashion, to do this for us. That means we might have to design the research ourselves. Any ideas on how to do that? Should the researchers have our pieces and show them to people and ask what they think? Should we set up a display and then ask for feedback? Any ideas would be appreciated. Additionally, if there is anyone in the Los Angelese area who would like to do this, please let me know.

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm looking to do the exact same thing and I'm also in the L.A. area. I'm planning on going to the shows at the California Mart, you should check out their site. It's a great place to meet like minded people that may be able to answer your questions, you'll also be able to see upcoming styles as well as get an idea of what it will be like if you display.
  • What product is it? Possibly, you can register a booth at a trade show and collect opinions from people that stop by your booth. Maybe you can use that opportunity to both sell your product and at the same time collect research data. If not a trade show, possibly you can get in front of many people at a flea market or some other event where you can cost effectively create a booth to disply your product and ask for direct feedback from potential customers.

Have you thought about doing an online survey? I think that their may actually be free software methods to create a survey form online. I have never really researched this, but that may provide a low budget method.

If you are serious about hiring someone to complete this assignment, you are welcome to post a job opportunity at the Clothing Industry Jobs website (if the product you are selling is clothing, textiles or jewelry).
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.