tell me..... why is the process of finding some one to even help breath my air so as to get me in with magazine companies to work with them???? is there a code of practice i dont know about????? some one tell me... please!!! im looking for work on hairdressing and long hair etc etc models to style their hair ......for looking great for the shots..............

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I feel ya...I was trying to place an ad in a few magazines, and the prices these places were charging was ridiculous. But that's how they make their money.

My advice to you is to just be straight with these guys and tell them you're new to the business and you need them to take it slow and be patient with you because it's all new to you. Good Luck!!!
  • Simply submit your portfolio and follow up w/ a phone call.
    If you don't here from them, you know they're not interested.
    You'd most likely do better working directly with an established
    photographer.
  • I do not work for a fashion magazine, but I wonder if it would help you to try to work with a stylist agency. Maybe they have the inside track that can assist you. Or possibly contact model agencies or fashion photographers. If you can find an experienced fashion photographer with connections, maybe they can help you gain assignments.

Also, maybe you can contact directly with fashion designers.

Good luck... I know it is not easy.
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.