Attention All Fashion Designers, Sewers, and Crafters Participate in the First Green Fashion Show in Queens with a cash prize A group of community organizers in Western Queens are planning a Queens is Green Fashion Show during the week of Earth Day to highlight clothing and accessories that not only look good, but are good for the planet. Green Fashion isn't just clothing made with sustainable fabrics like hemp or bamboo silk, but also includes items that are handmade or refashioned from recycled or reusable products -- and we would like to highlight designs that have a local Queens connection. The catwalk will be on Saturday, April 26 in Long Island City, NY. To be eligible, please send us an email with the following items: A picture of your clothes or accessories – we need to see 3 items either sketched or finished A short paragraph on how your items are environmentally friendly A short explanation on your connection with Queens, NY (i.e. resident, work, born in Queens) Deadline to enter is March 14th. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact Robyn Sklar at: robynsklar@gmail.com This event is sponsored by: 3R Events, Green Space, Valerie Green Dance Entropy, and Subdivision

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• EXTENDED DEADLINE March 21st AND MORE PRIZES

Attention All Fashion Designers, Sewers, and Crafters Participate in the First Green Fashion Show in Queens
    with a cash prize and an exclusive article in the LIC Magazine Ins & Out.

A group of community organizers in Western Queens are planning a Queens is Green Fashion Show during the week of Earth Day to highlight clothing and accessories that not only look good, but are good for the planet.

Green Fashion isn't just clothing made with sustainable fabrics like hemp or bamboo silk, but also includes items that are handmade or refashioned from recycled or reusable products -- and we would like to highlight designs that have a local Queens connection.

The catwalk will be on Saturday, April 26 in Long Island City, NY.

To be eligible, please send us an email with the following items:

A picture of your clothes or accessories – we need to see 3 items either sketched or finished
    A short paragraph on how your items are environmentally friendly
    A short explanation on your connection with Queens, NY (i.e. resident, work, born in Queens)

Deadline to enter is March 21st. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact Robyn Sklar at: robynsklar@gmail.com

This event is sponsored by: 3R Events, Green Space, Valerie Green Dance Entropy, Loveday 31, Candy Plum, Ins & Outs Magazine and Subdivision
  • After your event, if you have photos maybe I can create a section for your event at my Fashion Week Photos site.

If you are inerested, you can check out a section that I recently created for Organic Clothing. If you have friends in Queens that sell organic clothing, I can possibly add them to the directory.

Good luck with your event. Sounds like an excellent idea.
    Fashion Week Photos Directory of Fashion Photos
    Fashion Week Photos website is a directory of fashion photos from international fashion weeks. You can find fashion photos from fashion designers an…
  • Hi Robyn,
    As a designer with a small sustainable line, your article sounds enticing.
    Is my understanding that the connection needs to be with Queens and NYC is not enough?
    I saw your profile.Milliner. I loved the class in college! Good luck!
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.