Hi. I am an independent jewelry artist/designer in the Atlanta, Ga.area and would like to know how I can get my jewelry used in fashion shoots? We have some local magazines {Jezebel, Atlanta Magazine, Peidmont Review} that do fashion shoots, usually in conjunction with a story on the clothes. I was wondering, where do the stylists look for the accessories? Would it be out of line for me to contact the magazine and ask for the stylists contact info so I can speak to her directly? I'd like to offer my designs for use and hopefully get them back in good enough condition to at least use as samples. Does anyone have any other ideas for me to get free/cheap publicity? I'm a one woman operation, so not much budget for advertising. Any ideas appreciated!

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Jenial,

Thank you for the information about Fashion Week ATL. I don't think I will be able to participate as a designer this year, but I am interested in coming to your event to see what it is all about. Is the Oct. 5th event open to the general public and how would I get tickets to it?

Thank you,
    Rebecca Greenberg
    Owner/Jewelry Artist
    La Bella Designs
  • Hello,

I know we are not a magazine but we are hosting Fashion Week ATL in October 08 and would love for you to include your jewelry in our accessory event please visit us at www.fashionweekatl.com to get more information.....and who knows who you may meet through this private industry only event. Good Luck and we look forward to working with you soon!

Thanks,

Jenial Turner
    Designer Coordinator
    Fashion Week ATL
    www.fashionweekatl.com
    http://www.fashionweekatl.com/
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.