Re-labeling Garments

Today I noticed a new member that works in the warehousing end of the fashion industry (Brian - from Jam Warehouse). For those of you that do not know, Brian's company handles re-labeling, re-ticketing etc. This type of company is crucial for companies that need typical warehouse and re-work services, but it is also a very important service for new designers. Lets keep in mind that as a new designer, we are typically producing garments in low quanity. As a result, the factories charge high prices (low quantities = high prices). Now, lets say for example you are designing a line of printed t-shirts that you wish to sell to rock stars in Los Angeles... If you purchase blank t-shirts directly from a factory and have your brand sewn in the label, you may have elevated prices. You may actually get a better deal on shirts if you find excess inventory and then have a company like Brian's change the labels for you. They take out the old brand and replace with your brand label. You can then proceed to the print shop to add your touch of style to the shirt. The reality is that the printing quality, design work, and embellishing is what makes most t-shirts unique. So if you are buying a fairly basic t-shirt silhouete, you really do not need the shirt custom cut and sewn. Just get the blank and do your magic with the print work. Anyway, I am NOT saying that this is definitely the best way to go. However, this is a possibility to consider. By the way, if you do not need your own brand label in the garment, you can find blank shirts and not worry about label changes. Note: Always, keep in mind that you must use an experience company when doing label changes. You will always have the risk of fabric being damaged when the old labels are removed. Just something to keep in mind...

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the info. I currently purchase from AA (American Apparel) and cut off the tag and print my own. In other words I go tagless, I will do a little research on Brian maybe we can work something out if . Thanks again.
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.