Replies

• I found this site with some examples of spec sheets, hope it helps

http://www.fashionmark.com/services/specsheets.html#
    Fashionmark Solutions - Pattern Management - Vancouver
    Fashionmark Solutions is an automated pattern management service bureau located in Vancouver, Canada. Using the latest technology, we provide custome…
  • A spec sheet is easy to create in Illustrator. You can't have one for your entire line, unless every single style in you line is exactly the same and the only think changing is the fabric.

I do fashion illustration and spec sheets. I could make them for you in a couple of days.
  • Spec sheets are important to monitor all aspects of your product. My patternmaker is inhouse, so my spec sheets are simplified- including a front and back sketch, brief description, sample size and photoshoot size needed, fabric swatches with fiber content info, lining and trim info along with group, season, delivery date, size range and style number. We use a seperate size chart that includes standard measurements. There is a lot of other information you may require such as labels or hang tags- which is why it would be a good idea to attend classes or have someone help you with this. Good luck.
  • Ruby - Firstly, if you have not already done so, I would suggest that you take classes on the subject. Secondly, if you are not a pattern maker, I suggest you think about hiring one to assist you. We can not all be experts on everything and it is often good to turn to the experts for assistance. The fit of a garment is very important. If the garment is beautiful, but fits horribly, customers may not return...

I am not a pattern maker, but I think that in order for members of this network or a pattern maker to answer your questions, they would need more information. For example, you are asking "what are basic measurements that should always be included". This would depend on the type of garment that you are producing. Are you making shirts, pants, hats, etc? Each garment type would have different body measurements to take into account.

In regard to your question, "who is the spec sheet intended for?". The "factory" would need the spec sheet to evaluate the garment that you are requesting that they produce. They can use the spec sheets to make patterns, markers etc. Again, I am not an expert on this subject, so hopefully someone else will add additional comments to help answer your question..
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.