In all honesty, I am not 100% certain that a social network is beneficial to the fashion industry. I think that in theory it makes sense. However, is it really practical? Do middle age fashion industry professionals grasp the idea of social networking? We have been pounded with the idea that this is for kids or people looking for a date. Does anyone really understand the potential in regards to developing business contacts? In my opinion, business professionals may be hesitant to utilize this type of system. However, many of those people that have used social networking over the past several years (in high school or college), are now old enough to enter the work force. Hopefully, many of them will enter the fashion industry and carry with them the experience of networking. I guess it is possible that they move from using a network to find parties, and start using a professional network like this one to find fabric and trim suppliers. Anyway, my point is that I am not sure if anyone actually has interest in a fashion industry network. My hopes are that we can all work together to create an interesting social enviroment to make our business lives a bit easier. Again, I am not sure if this social network for the fashion industry will be a good idea, but I guess we are going to find out... If you have any thoughts on the subject, please make your opinion known. We look forward to hearing from you.

You need to be a member of Fashion Industry Network to add comments!

Join Fashion Industry Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So far I have created numerous contacts with both suppliers and buyers. This site is an incredible way to stay connected to others in the industry that can answer questions and establish business relationships.
  • I believe there are great benefits awaiting fashion industry workers who social network over the Internet. Social networks are excellent tools for forming cooperative marketing strategies; or partnering for resource buying. There are over a hundred event coordinators within Urban Fashion Network. Many of them use UFN to find Stylist and Fashion Designers for their social, or non-profit fashion events. These events can be cost free marketing opportunities for young apparel brands. And many of these affairs are open to vending opportunities. I believe the most important part about joining a social networking website, is that every member is on the same page about who is who, and what's happening when or where.

I also post photo coverage of upcoming fashion collections within the Events section of the site. All is welcome!
  • i really like this site. It comes accross as positive and as if it was created for all the right reasons. There is no arrogance on this site and is fresh so I like it.
  • Social Networks are great if they are used in the right way. They can and should used to enhance one's professional growth and also to meet and interact with some wonderful people in the fashion industry.
    It is somewhat unfortunate that in some cases it's "who you know" and "connections" that you have will advance you in the fashion industry instead of good and creative talent. Though i i agree that it's important to socialize, I feel that there are other ways to reach new heights.
  • As you can see, it is already becoming a great success. I see people that are really dedicated to their work joining this network every day. I hope they are all honest and they stay sincere. Great things can happen from this network, as long as people use it in the right way.
  • social network is good idea to boost textile fashion industry and presently only 20-30% of world population utilizes the fashion trend and rest stick to their traditional products. Social network by reaching masses can promote the fashion industry and would improve generation of employment. http://www.sadashivan.com

womenofcolor.jpg

CHILD-LABOR AND SOCIETY
    This site seeks to move beyond just saying child labor is wrong, to understand the social conditions that lead to children being forced to work.
  • This is definitely a great resource for the up and comers thats for sure.

Those of us starting out can post on successes and failures and everyone can learn from it.
This reply was deleted.

Forum Rules

PLEASE keep all discussions relevant to fashion, textiles, beauty products, or jewelry.

Follow the Fashion Industry Network Rules.

It is always a good time to review fabulous fashion.

Hot topics of possible interest:

Thank you for using the Fashion Industry Network.  Have you helped another member today? Answer questions in the forum. It brings good luck.