Benefits to Fashion designers in joining the TellusFashion revolution!
- Its free global marketing by registering a profile, filling in promotional material about yourself i.e. background, inspiration, style of design and then upload your designs that you want to showcase or sell.
- Get access to a global fashion devotee base from consumers to agents, manufacturers etc
- Potential press exposure, as the website is going to become large on an international scale and we will be working actively to promote it in magazines and other media.
- Be interviewed by our news team and get the interview published on our news function for greater exposure.
- You will potentially be able to create a new customer base, which wants to have bespoke items made for them though the fashion on demand function. In addition, this could potentially create more customers who would like to get products made from you
- Potential partnerships with markers, patternmakers, agents or whatever it may be that you would explore
- Assistance in creating your own website at a competitive price.
- Discuss and share information with other designers and devotees of fashion
- Get advice on things that are related to fashion designers i.e. good textile manufacturers, factories etc through our designer survival kit function
- Get assistance in trying to set a price on your collection through the auction facility. You may be able to get a lot more for your item than what you would have thought you would. Don’t forget to put a minimum price so that you will be able to cover your costs.
- Through our forum, get assistance on problems or get answers to questions you may have.
- Possibility in being contacted by potential employers who have seen your portfolio of items and are impressed by it and potentially want to recruit you or perhaps some agent or store that want to sell your collection.
- Get advice and information on different fashion schools and potential mentor programs.
Welcome to FIN
I would also be interested in your networking on our social network, as I find your information very useful and interesting. You are touching on subjects that affect many in the business.
The site is new...
The idea behind TellusFashion was born as we acknowledged the challenges that fashion students’ encounter in presenting their products. But before the site was launched in 2009, many hours were spent researching and understanding the industry. We were stunned, and much encouraged by the amount of talent and exciting fashion items on offer. But we also found a large amount of frustration among designers, in not being able to reach out to their potential customers. The initial indication of a gap in the market was thereby confirmed.
The name of the site, or the on-line shop window which would better reflect the purpose, should convey our idea of enabling fashion designers and consumers (fashion-lovers) to interact on a global scale, thereby the name Tellus – the latin word for our planet earth.