Why do gold jewelry that bought in jewelry stores like gold bars and gold coins have yellow-brown spots? That is because in the jewelry making process, the iron scraps left by the iron processing tools are formed by moisture, it’s not a quality problems, you can clean it by yourself.
Gold jewelry maintenance need to pay attention to these 10 aspects
Gold jewelry is not very delicate, but without careful maintenance, it will lose its original luster and charm. In general, the following points are to be careful.
- The chemical substances of detergent will change the color of gold, so you should remove the gold jewelry before cleaning.
- Avoid direct contact with high volatile substances such as perfume, hair gel, otherwise it will easily lead to fading of gold ornaments.
- Remove the gold ornaments when swimming, so as to avoid chemical changes on the surface after touching with seawater or pool water.
- When storing, wrap it in a velvet cloth and put it in the jewelry box to avoid mutual friction and damage.
- Gold is relatively soft and easily deforms, so do not drag the necklaces or other accessories, so as not to deform.
- Pure gold jewelry infinity name necklace will produce a chemical reaction in the case of mercury, then white spots appear, as long as you burn under the alcohol lamp for a while, you can restore the original color.
- After wearing, the gold ornaments often lose their luster due to the stains and dust. At this time, just put the gold ornaments in a neutral detergent and soak them in warm water and wash them, then remove them and wipe them dry.
- If there is a black silver film on the surface, use 2 grams of salt, 7 grams of baking soda, 8 grams of bleaching powder, 60 ml of water, and make a “golden cleaning detergent”. Put the gold monogram ring jewelry in a bowl and pour it into the bowl. After 2 hours, remove the gold jewelry, rinse with water, and then wipe with a soft cloth.
- To clean rings with jewels, roll a piece of cotton with a popsicle or matchstick. After dampening in a mixture of toilet water and glycerin, scrub the frame of the gemstone and then polish the ring with a flannel. Never use a sharp object like a blade to scrape.
- Salt and vinegar mixed into a cleaning detergent, use it to polish pure gold jewelry to make it last forever. Wipe with toothpaste or scrub with hot rice soup to restore luster. Pure gold jewelry is made of high-purity gold. It has low hardness and should not be rubbed against hard objects when wearing.