Summer is here and it’s time to catch up on the latest fashion trends. What does this year hold for you in the world of fashion? Find out here
- Pleats are pretty: Pleat skirts have been a forever trend. The way to ramp it up for this summer is to go for knife pleats in some light shimmery colours.
- Colour please: Summers are a lovely time for bright flowery colours. While winters may boast a line of beautiful black dressed, this summer is all about colourful brightness.
- Sweet in lace: Lace is no longer a vintage dream. It’s here and it’s here for you.
- Who doesn’t love shorts: Be it Bermuda shorts, city shorts or hot pants, summer is the time to flaunt those legs. You can now find your favourite type of shorts in all kinds of patterns and colours.
- Brilliant sheer: A lot of sheer fabrics were seen this year on the ramp and you too can access this look. Everything from sheer fabric skirts to shirts is the way to go. Just be sure not to overdo it.
- Culottes: what better time for trousers that end just below the knee? They can give you a semi-formal look and keep you feeling casual at the same time.
- Accessorise: Summer is a good time to accessorise smartly. From the bag that needs to carry for your glares and scarfs, to the very glares and scarfs that go into the bag. Don’t forget to stock up the heels and sporty shoes.
- Black and white is here to stay: The combination of white and black skirts and blouses is staying this summer.
- Pastels too: Pastels have always been around for spring and summer. This year they can be seen adorning a new style in candyfloss pink, lemon sherbet and baby blue.
- White shirts: A must have for every wardrobe and especially for summers. But more than acting like a foundation piece for your closet, this year’s ingeniously asymmetric designs give the classic white shirts a twist of spring glory.
Summary: Fashion keeps changing and it’s around for you to be fashionable and fabulous while also being comfortable with who you are. So while you follow these latest fashion trends, let’s go for what suits you best and makes you feel comfortable this summer.