Sisters are always special and if you are game for making her feel special on her birthday you are in the right place. The love-hate relationship, the banter, the secrets, the complaints and the pranks to go with the care and compassion are the things that make the bond you share with your sister, unique in every sense.
You must have planned things you want to do on your sister’s birthday. Well! You can do things differently this time around. Instead of just throwing a conventional birthday party, plan a surprise for your sister on her special day. Here are some unique ideas to get you started:
- A fun-filled picnic- Indoor arrangements and activities are light on the pocket and good on time management but have sadly become a cliche. Look for a beautiful spot which offers sunlight, fresh air and green presence of nature where you can head to. Take your sister’s favourite food items and beverages along with simple game equipment such as badminton rackets, ludo, carrom, cards, etc. Your sister will love spending her time in the serene environs while you go down the memory lane remembering and laughing at the pranks you both pulled on each other.
- Gift her an uber cool clutch or handbag- Girls’ obsession with their bags is well known and acknowledging the same by gifting her one, will definitely be appreciated. Do your homework beforehand and find out her favourite brands before you actually make a purchase in order to get it right. You can look for online options to save time.
- Get her an outfit for the day - You know her and her dressing preferences so it time to put that knowledge to good use. It will be a nice idea to get her an elegant outfit to flaunt on her birthday when her friends and relatives are around. It will surely win her many compliments and you also get to be her rock star for the day.
- Encourage her passion - Appreciating and encouraging her passion and areas of interest is the sweetest thing you can do for your sister. You can do so by providing her with the tools or resources necessary to fulfill the same. If she is an artist, get her a paintbrush kit, if she is a fitness enthusiast, a nice pair of sports shoes will be great. So, you get the sense. The idea is to support her endeavours. It will earn you respect and love from your sister.
- Gift cards/shopping vouchers- If you happen to have a shopaholic sister, gift cards and shopping voucher are your best bet. Nothing is more cheerful for a shopping addict. While it will get her rolling, it will also help you invest time on purchasing a gift, she may not even like.
- Personalized greetings- Ahandmade greeting card with a personal message, personalised printed mugs or T-shirts or even a collage of memorable moments in a photo frame are affordable gifting options which perfectly depicts the warmth of your bond with your doting sister. Besides rekindling the fond memories of the past, it will serve as a reminder of the sincerity of your compassion towards her.
- Customary cake with a twist- The traditional item yet the favourite for birthdays, get her a delectable cake that looks equally fascinating. You can go for a customised cake with a quirky theme such as makeup. Your sister will be pleasantly surprised and that is all that your endeavour is about. There are many cake portals which not only provide more variety but also provide full customisation options and the freedom of selecting convenient delivery timings. You can opt for online cake order in Ghaziabad, Delhi, Gurugram, Bangalore, and other popular cities from these online portals.
All these ideas will not cost you much but will definitely serve you well if you want to remind your sister on her birthday just how much she means to you.