No woman wants to get older. And she certainly doesn’t want to resign herself to a boring, dated hairstyle. So why not embrace one of the trendy new hairstyles for women over 40?
40 is being hailed as the new 30. And no matter what anyone says, 40 is still the prime of your life. Check out this article for some of the hottest trends for hair cuts and styles for women 40 and over!
Why Mid-Length And Short Hairstyles for Women Over 40 Are Sexy
Age is but a number. So why settle for a boring haircut just because you are reaching a certain age. You don’t have to trade in your longer locks for a dated hairstyle that hearkens back to the 1940s. Why not embrace a short and sexy pixie cut? Or a mid-length wavy bob? There are literally dozens of short and medium length hairstyles for women over 40!
Long hair is sexy and if it’s your thing, go ahead and rock it, girl! But most of us don’t want to spend hours detangling and styling long hair as we have busy and active lifestyles. Or we may simply be tired of the same boring long hairstyle.
Enter a sexy short curly pixie or bob! Recapture your youth with a bold short hairdo or a medium length hairstyle that will turn all eyes on you!
Here are some reasons to go for one of many daring new hairstyles for women over 40!
- Mid-length and short haircuts are easier to style and leave a ton of room for styling, such as updos, ponytails, braids or even half-updos.
- Short cuts like french bobs and pixie cuts are sexy and alluring if you want to go for a completely different and daring look.
- Hairstyles for women over 40 do not have to be boring and outdated. From textured bobs to asymmetrical pixies to mid-length shag haircuts, the possibilities are endless!
- With a shorter haircut, you won’t have to wash your hair every day. Once or twice a week should suffice, as long as you use leave-in conditioner and dry shampoo between washings to keep your hair healthy and hydrated.
- There are so many ways to add some color to your hair, from subtle balayage blends to bold ombre fades to highlights, babylights or lowlights. If you love to play around with hair color, why not use this time to go wild and experiment with some new colors or coloring techniques? Or if you have always played it safe and have never colored your hair, why not take a chance on a bold new look?
- Getting a trim is a great way to add volume to thinning or fine hair, remove weight from thick hair and add new bounce to wavy or curly tresses! As well, it can help promote new hair by getting rid of those dead ends!
- A hip new medium or short hairstyle can give you a renewed sense of self-worth and make you feel and look years younger! You will feel sexy, sassy and chic!