It all depends on the area of the body that you are removing hair from, and the kind of trimmer youuse. This article guides you on using the trimmer the right way.
It happens to all of us – that unseemly growth of hair on the lower half of the face, eyebrows getting bushier by the day, and no time to book a threading appointment. But why fret over it when you can use a trimmer?
What is a trimmer?
A trimmer is, as the name suggests, a device to trim the body hair. It trims the hair from the surface of the skin without cutting it.
- It is a battery-operated device manufactured by leading brands like Veet.
- It comes with two different trimmer attachments – one with two sets of blades, one small and one larger and longer, and the other a much bigger one with a different kind of trimming surface. The smaller blades are used on the eyebrows, upper lips and side burns, and even some areas of the jaw. Meanwhile, the larger one is used for the bigger areas of hair removal, like the underarms and bikini line.
- A trimmer is fundamentally different from an electric shaver, which is a device that shaves the hair from the skin. Trimming does not affect the skin the way shaving does.
- The Veet trimmer can be used on wet skin as well. But do clean the apparatus carefully with a clean cloth, and let it dry thoroughly after every use.
Why use a trimmer at all?
It is handy when you want quick hair removal of smaller areas of the body, and when you don’t necessarily wish to book a salon appointment to trim your eyebrows or remove excess hair from your face.
- It also provides a quicker hair removal solution for the underarms and bikini line. The latter, especially, requires depilation or waxing to remove the hair. Never try to shave the bikini zone, because the hair will come back rougher and make the area itchy and irritable. Trimming the hair can keep the growth under control. It is also a quick fix when you want to wear a swimsuit or hot pants and don’t wish to get a full bikini wax.
- The trimmer does not harm the skin in any way, since the trimmer blades simply skim the surface and cut the hair deftly without touching the skin. Thus, you get safe hair removal minus the fear of cuts, rashes and coarser hair regrowth, which often happens with shaving.
- It is also great for last minute touch ups after you have waxed or depilated your skin. It can remove stragglers or stray hair left behind by the hair removal process, in just a few seconds.
- However, it is not useful for large areas of the body, like the arms and legs. You should try hair removal using a depilatory cream or wax to remove hair from these areas.