Unwanted hair though will not pose any health risk, having them can be embarrassing or uncomfortable for some. There are many reasons for unwanted hair growth in women such as hormonal imbalance, post-pregnancy, and results of side-effects of certain medications. Women resort to many costly treatments to get rid of unwanted hair. But before you empty your pockets, there are few home treatments that you can do to reduce unwanted hair on your body without any side-effects.
- Sugar wax – Sugar wax has been used for centuries to remove the body hair. Sugar wax removes hair from the roots by binding to the hair and pulling it out. As it doesn’t cause any irritation, it is suitable for women with sensitive skin. The only thing to remember is that if you want your sugar wax to work perfectly on the hair, your hair should at least be ¼ inches long so that sugar wax can easily grab the hair.
- Shaving – No matter how many hair you have on your body, you can always shave them. Contrary to popular belief, shaving doesn’t make your hair grow thicker. What you feel a few days after shaving is the stubble as the razor cuts down the hair from the base.
- Depilatory cream – A depilatory or hair removal cream can easily be applied on the skin and then rinsed off in the shower for the hair-free days. You can easily get hair removal creams in the local drugstore, but you should check for skin allergies before you use them. Some cream available in the market can irritate your skin.
- Gelatin and Milk – This is another homemade recipe that can help you in managing your body hair. Mix one tablespoon of unflavored gelatin powder to three tablespoons of whole milk and few drops of lemon juice. Microwave the mixture for 15-20 seconds and let it cool down for few seconds. Apply this mixture directly to the affected area and let it sit for five minutes. After five minutes, peel it off with your fingers.
The mask is very sticky, and apart from removing hair, it can also be used to remove blackheads and dead skin from the skin.
- Egg and Cornstarch – Crack an egg and take the white out of it, add sugar and corn starch to the egg white and stir the ingredients to make a smooth paste. Apply it on the affected skin and let it dry for 30 minutes. Once you find that the paste is hard enough, rip it off. Egg white sticks to the hair and removes it from the roots.
There are so many ways to de-fuzz your body and the above-mentioned methods work even for the women having a lot of hair. Though removing hair is a personal choice, hair removing creams are the best-suited method for removing your body hair if you want to.