The cold days are finally behind us, and you know what that means – it is finally time to repair what damage was done to our skin by the cold winter days! It is time to say goodbye, to the extra dry skin and the common acne breakouts! It is time to enjoy the sunny days that are in front of us with clear and glowing skin! But, that does not mean that we should stop caring after our skin the minute all the damages are erased! The summer days can do as much as damages as the cold weather, especially when it comes to common acne breakouts! This is why we decided to dedicate an article on the top 9 ways that you can avoid acne breakouts this summer! Do not fool yourself thinking that it is too early to start preparing your body for the summer days! Let’s start!
Why are summer acne breakouts so common?
Before we tell you how to get rid of acne and how to prevent their occurrence in the first place, let us explain why are acne breakouts so common during the summer days. During the summer we tend not to change our makeup routine and often end up with tons of skin products which clog up our skin pores and lead to acne breakouts. This is especially a problem for those of you who are dealing with oily skin. Plus, some people tend to sweat excessively as a result of the hot weather and this in combination with the harsh UV rays results in common acne breakouts. You may have noticed that the acne usually appears on the areas which are most commonly exposed to the sun – e.g. your face, shoulders, breasts, etc. The doctors tend to remind us that we need to apply sunscreen whenever we expose ourselves to the sun, but too much sunscreen can also lead to clogged up pores and acne breakouts!
The 9 awesome tips to avoid acne breakouts this summer!
1. Buy a quality face wash with salicylic acid – Instead of treating one pore at the time, you can easily make sure that all the pores on your face are clean and breathing! Find the right face wash according to your skin type that you will use it in the morning and at night. For the best results remind yourself to follow the one minute rule – after you apply the face wash, gently massage your face for one minute and then wash up with warm water. That way you will keep all the bacteria away from your clean, breathing skin.
2. Do not forget about the importance of salicylic acid soaked cleansing wipes – If you are dealing with oily skin then this is the must-have product for you. After a quality face wash, the cleansing wipes are what you must search for. These wipes will help you get rid of the excess oil that your skin is producing through the day. Getting rid of the excess oil is very important because once the oil is produced the acne-promoting bacteria come with it and you end up with a new pimple in no time.
3. It is all about exfoliating – Buy yourself a good skin exfoliator with added salicylic acid that you will use once or twice a week to make sure that you remove all the dead skin cells on time. Dead skin cells are yet another thing that can clog your pores and lead to an acne breakout!
4. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! – Hydration is the key when it comes to having a healthy body, including our skin. When we are dehydrated our skin is extra dry and it tends to produce more oil than necessary to compensate. And this is how dehydration leads to acne breakouts. Remember to hydrate your body by drinking enough water through the day, especially when you are doing a lot of physical activity.
5. Think about how you feed your body – We all love ice cream on a hot summer day, but think about how often does your diet consists of superficial sugars and fats. Use the opportunity to eat the variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables and your whole body will thank you for it! Oranges, Avocado, nuts, raspberries, garlic, and broccoli are just a few of the commonly recommended food products for a clear skin!
6. Use light makeup – Instead of following your old makeup routine, try using a light concealer instead of the usual foundation and powder and etc. A little concealer on your problem areas is all that you need for activities in the summer days. And you can still apply your favorite makeup look at night when the sun is gone!
7. Exercise at least twice a week – Exercising is what your body craves especially now after the winter days are behind us. It will not only create the opportunity to lose all those extra pounds that you added up over the holidays, but it will increase the blood flow in your body which will result in more oxygen being taken to your skin. More oxygen means clear, glowing skin!
8. Use a separate towel just for your face – Do not risk getting the excess bacteria from your hands to your face and creating an opportunity for those harsh bacteria to create an acne breakout in any near future!
Get your hands away from your face – You do not need to transfer all those bacteria from touching your phone, or keyboard or the bus or whatever really to your face. And when we are at it, remember to clean your phone’s screen and your keyboard at least once a day using antibacterial wipes to remove any harmful bacteria!
Taking care of your skin in the summer is a difficult task. Especially if you are dealing with oily skin your whole life! But, after reading our article we hope that we succeeded in proving you that even small, some things can help you on the way – e.g. a proper face wash and exfoliator and a simple act as finding a towel just for your face! Even a good anti-aging product, like Derma Devine, is, can help you achieve your goal of having a glowing, healthy-looking skin with no trace of acne or wrinkles! The choice of whether you are ready to make the change or not is only yours! Do not hesitate anymore!