India is famous for its rich traditions, scenic beauties, popular people, and its emerging fashion industry. The fashion industry in India offers sequins and gold thread to its customers which adds significance to the Indian fashion community. Fashion and culture are two contrasting elements which is a part of every propaganda India creates for its fashion industry.
Embroidery is considered a basic Indian fashion trademark. Popular Indian designers have come up with several embroidered designs and styles which follow the ethnic fashion of this country.
How does the Indian Culture affect its Fashion?
- People like to be comfortable in what they wear. If a person is unable to carry an outfit, it’s simply not made for them.
- If you talk about fashion in India, different families carry their unique cultures, like in some families; the members are not allowed to wear a specific set of clothes like midis and western culture dresses which was a sign that indirectly represented the family’s living standards and the background they hold.
- In modern families, the elders begin to evolve themselves with time. As their children grow up, their needs change, and the elders happen to understand the evolution of fashion, how people are carrying themselves during this time, and how children like to adopt these styles for them as well.
- Western culture is cultivating a grand love affair with the distinctive fashion in India. Along with Indian music and spirituality, Indian clothing is seeing a huge impact on mainstream identities of western style and culture. The main intention of this essay is to demonstrate how this emerging trend relates to the changing face of Indian fashion.
With India, several other countries have a huge cultural impact on their fashion statements.
- Japanese passionately hold on to their past sequences to create designs for their culture. In the earlier 19th century, the Japanese created designs for their every day, ceremonies, festivities, and holidays.
- The clothing in Japan is influenced by its wars and battles across the country. Women carrying a Kimono or one-mile wear in their homes and unique traditional dresses while they are celebrating an occasion.
- Japan’s culture is multifaceted, and on the other side, it is steeped into one of the deepest traditions.
- The country's rapid economic growth, fast revolution push back the styles people carry, but the country has the best clothing styles that are admired by top designers from all over the world. Several fashion bloggers based in India follow the Japanese fashion trends despite choosing the Indian trends.
- The clothing styles in China are influenced by its dynastic traditions and by foreign influences as well.
- Traditional Han clothing comprises all traditional clothing classifications of the Han Chinese with a recorded history of more than three millennia until the end of the Ming Dynasty.
- China has a tradition of adopting one-mile wear and western culture dresses that represent the country’s cultural significance.
- The artifacts and traditional arts of the fashion culture have influenced the Chinese clothing patterns and the way people carry themselves as well.
I Knock Fashion Desk:
Every country carries its fashion significance, and the culture related to that country is one of the major factors of fashion influence. Fashion bloggers in India, have come up with many fashions and culture-related clothing styles influenced by countries like Korea, Japan, and China, etc.