You’re on a quest to promote the longevity of your youthful appearance for as long as you can. Everybody desires to show blemish-free skin when all their peers are already manifesting wrinkles and age spots. It’s a top beauty goal that you cannot quite achieve without helping yourself to an exfoliator for the face that’s suitable for your skin. In general, you need a skincare regimen that reflects your new and profound sense of self because, beyond 30, it’s all about you and what you need.
What A Woman Wants
They say women don’t really come into their own until they’re past the age of 30. Many of the world’s best-loved female celebrities now share the same thought and don’t mind their wrinkles anymore. Jennifer Lopez, for one, was once quoted as saying, “I think in the past, the thought was your 20s are when you are at your best, and after that it's downhill. Now women are realizing that we are at our best as we get older. We are attractive, and we are more interesting, and we are more self-assured than we were ten years before.”
Though you know that that new brand of confidence that you are wearing makes you so much more oozing with sex appeal, some things still have to be done for you to keep your blemish free skin and make it even clearer and brighter for longer.
Below are 6 highly recommended skin care practices for your maturing skin:
1. Exfoliate. An exfoliator for face, combining both professionally and personally administered exfoliating techniques, should help you achieve your youthful skin goals at this time and age. Make sure to consider your skin type, most especially your skin’s tolerance level, when choosing an exfoliation technique to use for your skin.
2. Keep your skin clean. No need for you to do more than 2 sessions of cleansing, once in the morning and again at night. A double cleanse can also do your skin well but, you have to carefully select a cleansing product that won’t irritate or strip off your skin’s natural oils when you do. Other ways to promote clean, blemish-free skin is also by avoiding polluted environments, and never hitting the sheets with your makeup on.
3. Protect your skin. Keep in mind that at your age, your skin’s repair and regeneration mechanisms will be compromised mostly by senescence, or your body’s natural aging process, but also by years of skin neglect and damage. That means you should put a premium on protection at this time more than ever.
Some ways to protect your skin:
• Shield it from the sun. UV damage is the top cause of premature aging which you never want to happen to experience on your own skin. Sunscreen is important but so do other means of choosing the time of day you catch your sunshine, and wearing the proper clothing and gear for greater sun protection. In case of skin darkening, you can you look for certain skin lightening cream reviews.
• Get more antioxidants. Pollution is fast becoming a top cause of skin aging these days as well. Fight aging due to environmental factors by soaking up your skin with antioxidants, but also getting these from fruits and veggies in your diet too.
• Keep your skin from drying out. Dryness causes creases to become permanent. Use moisturizers to help boost your skin’s hydration levels and to keep it locked in.
4. Encourage Regeneration. Since your skin’s mechanism for repairs and renewal are compromised, you should support the process by external means. A well-formulated wrinkle cream can help you achieve that. You should look for night repair creams that are infused with a mild and gentle exfoliator for the face as well, such as low concentrations of alpha, beta, and polyhydroxy acids. An eye cream may also become a must at this stage.
5. Seek professional help. You should determine your most pressing skin issue (just one) so that you can tackle this with your skin care professional immediately. Don’t allow such issues to pile up before you seek a solution. Then, move on to your next skin issue.
6. Make big changes to the way you live. Make sure you are getting at least 7 hours of sleep, eat more raw and less meat, exercise regularly, and quit your vices. When your body is in good condition, your skin will keep looking young as well.
Celebrate life and celebrate your skin. You don’t have to be afraid of wrinkles and other signs of skin aging when you have a positive outlook about growing old — with grace.