Sari is incomplete without a blouse and a petticoat. It is understood that without these two things, sari could not be worn. They not only cover your exposed body but also make you look elegant. In medieval times, females wore a long cloth draping it around their entire body covering their personal parts, properly. As time passed, with invention of telephone and bulb also came the importance of blouse in a female’s life.
When we buy any dress we consider many factors like height, weight, body shape and skin colour. Similarly, when you select a saree blouse neck design it always has to be selected according to figure and height. A corset design blouse is good for fat ladies as it covers those extra flab that bulge out from sides, and a noodle strap blouse is good for skinny ladies.
There are few tips that can help you select the right blouse –
- Body shape and size varies for every person, hence it is good if proper measurement is taken to stitch the right size of blouse.
- Make sure that your tailor takes right measurement of your body. If you want you can match your measurement taken at home with your tailor’s measurement.
- A perfect bra size will never let your sleeves rise or fall whenever you raise your hand.
- Your bra size and pattern depends upon your blouse design. In case it is backless blouse, then your bra should have transparent straps.
- The right size of bra uplifts your breasts giving your body a proper shape.
- You can also instruct your tailor to add padded cushions to your blouse if your cup size is small. This way your blouse will give you enhanced shape and you wouldn’t have to deliberately wear padded bras for heavy look.
- For ordinary blouses it is necessary that your tailor gives hook buttons for your bra strap. This helps to prevent straps from peeping out.
- Never choose flimsy material, always go for good quality fabric. In case your blouse requires lining then always buy a good lining that doesn’t shrink after washing.
- Unless you’re not comfortable in the fabric it can never be good. Sometimes fabric depends upon the climatic condition therefore select your material accordingly.
- Before going to your tailor search online different types of blouse designs that can help you and your tailor. It is better to be prepared beforehand rather than selecting any design on the spot in hurry.
- There are many designs that you can select from but not all would suit everybody. Choose a design that compliments your body shape. For example, heavy arms would look good with full sleeves and not in noodle straps.
Some designs like dori or halter neck look good and changes the length of neck. Nevertheless, always remember to carry some safety pins to save your life in emergency situations. In case your blouse is loose fitted then you can always pin tightly the first button at the top and last at the waist to give a prompt look.