Aging — it is life’s given. Wrinkles, to a few, are welcome battle scars of life. On the contrary, many people perceive multiple signs of skin aging as a curse. Regardless of your take on those growing imperfections on your skin, signs of aging will appear but there are ways you can grow wrinkles more gracefully.
Below are 8 ways for you to welcome your mature years with open arms:
1. Be more matured about aging. It’s not a curse, first of all, and it isn’t a stage in your life that your should loathe. Just think about it, your youth was a good 10 or 20 years, and your mature years would take you from 30 all the way until you’re probably well into your 60s and beyond. Wouldn’t you want to enjoy the rest of your life more than just ranting daily about a new age spot that showed up on your cheek or a new fine line under an eye?
You should enjoy these years as much as you’ve enjoyed your youth. There are so many things for you to do and much more that you can try. Don’t let a wrinkle stop you from pushing forward to your next great adventure.
2. Don’t ever stop putting on sunscreen. UV is your skin’s worst enemy. It damages your skin’s outer layers and can even permanently alter your skin’s DNA, which is the primary cause of skin cancer. Damages can lie underneath your skin for years and later show up as wrinkles or any other sign of skin aging later on in your life.
Unfortunately, your sunscreen may be damaging to your skin too. Check the labels and make sure to use only sunscreen that’s mild enough for your delicate aging skin.
3. Subscribe to a skincare regimen that suits your skin best. Keep in mind that different stages of your life will require varying skincare needs. For instance, an anti-aging cream like Nuvoderm, which consists of moisture-promoting ingredients and collagen stimulating peptides is a requirement for skin that’s 30 years old and beyond.
At any age, practice the basics of skincare: cleanse, tone, moisturize daily and exfoliate once or twice weekly. Clean and clear skin are prerequisites of skin that stays healthy even as you age. Don’t skip on your routine.
4. Give your skin good nourishment from food. Nourish your skin with foods known for their anti-inflammatory properties like fatty fish such as salmon, tuna and sardines, as well as foods rich in antioxidants. Make sure to get plenty of antioxidants too. These are not only great for your skin but also protect all cells in your body from aging. Get hydrated with water. Drink more fluids and get it from fresh food sources.
Be more mindful about nutrients from the food that you eat. Eliminating processed foods from your diet will deliver great and lasting benefits for your skin.
5. Take supplements when necessary. Aging causes your body to assimilate nutrition from food much less efficiently than it did when you were 20. Iron, Potassium, Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C are some of the most commonly prescribed supplements for older people when they can’t seem to be getting enough of these nutrients from food. Just keep in mind to consult with your family doctor before supplementing because just a little bit too much can cause adverse effects to your health as well.
6. Get the natural skin glow you’ve always wanted by exercising regularly. Pump blood and nutrients throughout your body to fuel and energize your cells. Exercise also keeps your muscles lean, and the bond with your skin tight as well.
7. Cope with aging by availing clinical skincare procedures. There are skincare procedures you can try and regularly get to benefit your skin needs at every stage. Radio frequency therapy, laser treatments, microneedling, chemical peels and others work different ways to your skin’s advantage. Some cause skin cell turnover to happen at a faster rate. Some work to stimulate tightening of the skin.
8. Start being a happier person. Don’t allow yourself to add on the years, each time feeling more miserable than before. Happiness puts on that glow on your face and positive aura around you that immediately makes you radiate youth — better than a Nuvoderm or any other anti-aging product can bring you.
When you start to consider aging as your next biggest journey, you’ll find that it opens up doors of opportunities for you to love life more, and not only windows for multiple signs of skin aging to show.
Comments are closed for this blog post