Conceal carry purses are a hit among women who need to carry weapons either for general safety or professional reasons. If you have been also planning to buy the same, Here’s a list of features that you should look at before making a purchase:
- Size: If you need to carry just the gun or any other weapon, a clutch is recommended. If you carry other essentials too, buy concealed purses in bigger sizes, for example, tote, satchels, hobos etc.
- Concealment: The gun should not be visible to casual observers. Hence, the compartment should be not too big and not too small. The shape of the gun should also not be visible on the exterior of the purse.
- Gun Compartment: As explained in a blog on Cornered Cat, “The gun compartment liner must be sturdy because it is the weak point of any bag, destined to fail long before good leather or quality zippers give way. The liner, together with the surrounding walls, helps support the weight of the gun so it does not slide around inside the purse. Such movement can make it hard to find the grip under stress. It can also be distracting, making it hard to draw the gun. A very loose or flimsy liner can even become entangled with the holster, presenting a physical danger. For this reason, always look for purses with sturdy liners and stiff gun compartment walls.”
- Safety: The purse should allow the user to have control over the weapon at all times. For example, when she keeps her purse down or during the times when you have to wade through a throng of people.
- Access to the Gun: The purse should be designed in such a way that you can take the gun out as quickly as possible when required.
- Weight: The purse should be light-weight, especially when the gun you have is heavy. While buying, hold the empty purse the same way you hold your handbag every day. If an empty purse itself feels heavy, that might get heavier when you put a gun and other essentials inside it. This might strain your shoulder; hence avoid buying purses which are too heavy.
- Versatile: There are weapons other than the gun as well. The internal holster should have a shape which can accommodate all types of weapons and other women’s safety devices and products.
- Straps: The straps of the purse should be storing enough to bear the weight when a bag is in a suspended position with different things inside it. Further, to avert the untoward incidents like purse-snatching, you may buy cross-body style bags with metal-reinforced shoulder straps.
- Trigger Guard: Conceal carry purses have a trigger-guard within the internal holster. This is important to keep the gun in the same position at all times and prevents it from sliding around. It also makes accessing the gun easier as the muzzle will be towards a known direction. You will be able to get a grip without fishing around and it also helps avoid pressing the trigger accidentally.
- Fashionable: The conceal carry purse should complement your everyday style. Hence, choose the size and color accordingly.
Do you look for any other features while buying conceal and carry purses?
Please leave comments below.