I LOVEEEE getting emails from my readers telling me their stories and sharing photos about all the luxury they scored from thrifting. That is music to my tone deaf ears ! This is a letter from Vanessa and I want to share it with you:
Of course you know I’m a huge fan of your blog! My closet is about 85-90% thrifted designer items that I’ve scored at my local Goodwill and Salvation Army. So, naturally I had to send some pics when I saw you were looking for reader submissions.
This is just the stuff I’ve scored in the last couple of months. (I’ve been hardcore thrifting for 5+ years.) Sorry the pics aren’t the best. My regular camera died, so I took pics on my cell. Here’s what I’m sending:
- Red leather tote bag by BCBG Max Azria. Retails $300. I paid $7.99 @ Goodwill.
- Black leather bomber jacket by Paper Denim & Cloth (designer denim brand). Retails $250. I paid $19.99 @ Goodwill.
- Vintage, white lambskin, quilted chain bag by Bally of Switzerland. Retails $400? I paid $4.99 at Goodwill.
- Taupe cashmere/silk sweater by Chaiken. Retails $175. Paid $3.99 at Goodwill.
- White & gold suede heels by Marc Jacobs. Retails $400? Paid $2.99 at Salvation Army.
- Two pairs (navy and purple) flats from Belle by Sigerson Morrison. Retails $250 each. I paid $10.00 ($4.99 each) @ Goodwill.
- Black cocktail dress by Maria Bianca Nero (shown with vintage gold chain belt/necklace, Vince Camuto heels and Tano of Italy clutch, all thrifted). Retails $300. I paid $10.00 at a local Chicago thrift shop called Brown Elephant that supports outreach for GLBT youth in crisis.
Enjoy, and KEEP THRIFTING! Love your blog!
Thanks Vanessa for doing your part and helping keep our planet ‘green’ and for being an active member of the sustainable lifeSTYLE.