Summers are here and so is the season of wearing sunglasses for both protection and enhanced style. The eyewear market is replete with different types of sunglasses such as aviators, square-shaped, retro-rounds etc. Among these fairly common eyewear styles, cat-eye sunglasses have been known for their distinctive shape and exclusive facial suitability.
These were introduced in America in the 1960s and since then have been a favourite of both celebs and non-celeb fashionistas alike. These were first worn by Audrey Hepburn in Tiffany’s Breakfast and since then these have been chosen by many famous celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, Barry Humphries, Amy Lame, Mary Whitehouse, Dinah Manoff, Barbara Windsor and Kate Perry.
What makes these goggles a preferred fashion accessory? Let’s take a look at the reasons:
- These add a hint of elegance and give the perfect combination of feminine-and-vintage look.
- These are quite versatile pieces of eyewear and can be customised and used as regular prescription eyeglasses.
- These are available in a variety of colours. The vast range of colours makes these easy to pair with different outfits.
- Just like the look, it represents i.e.-retro; these never go out of style. If not regularly, you may wear these on one of those days of retro-themed occasions. Further, if you are fond of maintaining a collection of goggles, it makes sense to invest in a good pair of cat-eye sunglasses.
- Fashion experts recommend these for an instant boost to your style-quotient which helps make you look sensational and chic.
There are a few tips that you must remember while buying cat-eye sunglasses. This would help you to get a bang for your buck and wear the sunglasses the right way.
- Choose bold colours: Generally, bright colours are recommended for women with fair or wheatish complexion. Dusky women may go with pastel shades or white-based prints. If you are not sure about which colour to choose, classic shades like black and brown could be your best bet.
- Recognise the classic cat-eye goggles: Not every sunglass with an upswept shape is a cat-eye sunglass. An authentic cat eye glasses has raised temple edges which give a feline appearance to your eyes. The prominent flared outer edges instantly add a lift to your face. So, check these features before buying a pair of the same.
- Face-shape: Generally, cat-eye sunglasses are recommended for a round or square-cut face. The right type of cat eye sunglass helps balance the bottom-heavy shape of the face:
- For Round face: Choose sunglasses with angular lines if you have around shaped-face. Either oversized or thicker frame curved upwards help withdraw attention from a fuller jawline or plump cheeks.
- For Square face: Narrow, subtle frames work very well for angular faces. Choose goggles with rounded-out edges as it would make a square face look softer.
So, are you ready to flaunt the feline fashion look?
Please leave comments below.