Ideally, you should choose your outfits based on your body type. You may like to wear skinny jeans and boyfriend jackets, but you need to find out whether these dresses would really complement your body type. Indian ethnic wear offers a wide variety of items to suit almost every body type. Starting from colors, sizes, designs, to patterns, there are a number of things to consider when choosing ethnic wear. The first thing to do is to identify your body type. Roughly, there are five major body types. They are oval or apple, square or rectangle, hourglass, inverted triangle and pear. Remember that if you do not consider your body type when selecting an outfit, you may end up wasting your money.
Ethnic Wear for Different Body Types
Salwar suits, depending on the fit, can make you look slimmer and shapely. Here are the different body types that you should know about before selecting a salwar kameezor any other ethnic wear.
- Apple or Oval shape: Women with an apple shaped body generally have a large, fuller torso with skinny legs. They can choose salwar or kurtis that create an illusion of a curvy waist. Try flowy outfits rather than the tighter ones, as they help draw attention on your slender arms and legs, rather than on the stomach area. Choose churidars or v neck salwars over the tight fitted ones. It is a good idea to avoid neck embellishments, as it helps to draw attention to your upper body. Choose dark shades for tops and lighter colored bottoms.
- Straight, square or rectangle shape: Women who have a straight, square body often complain about lack of curves. If you fall in this category, it would be a good idea to opt for skintight, deep neck kameez and frock short kurtis. Sleeveless anarkali suits with leggings would also be a good choice, as they would reveal your long, beautiful arms. Avoid wearing anything that is too tight or too lose.Buy Bollywood Replica Shaded Blue Floor Length Anarkali Suit 10162 ...
- Pear shape: Those of you who fall into this category generally have wide lower body parts and large hips. It is best to draw attention away from this area, and focus it on your thin upper body. Choose a-line and light color kurtis that enhance the beauty and visibility of your slender torso. Anarkali dresses and fit and flare styles can be chosen as they keep the focus off your waist. Wear bright pastel shade tops and keep the bottom color neutral or dark. Avoid figure hugging tight lowers.
- Hourglass shape: This is probably the most desirable and proportionate body type. If you have this type of body, you can carry almost any outfit with panache. Designer salwar kameezthat are slightly tighter at your waist are a good idea, because they help to accentuate your curves. It is best to avoid heavy fabrics and loose fitted kurtis, as they give an impression of having extra weight. Almost any color, be it bright or dark, is perfect for you. Be sure to pick a dress that complements your complexion.
- Inverted triangle shape: Women with wide shoulders or broader fuller chests and skinny thighs fall in this category. If you have this body type, you can don horizontal stripes and prints, with low v-necklines. Even plain kurtis with printed Patiala would draw attention to your broad chest. Avoid boat necks, high necklines and bulky shoulder patterns, as those will accentuate your torso.
Ethnic wear, when chosen according to body type, can make you look beautiful and elegant. Be sure to do your own research before choosing ethnic wear.