On July 15 and 16, Jack + Bill met with nearly 150 emerging New York stylists, women’s apparel designers, models and jewelry designers turned out for the chance to win representation intended to raise awareness of their brand leading up to New York Fashion Week in September. The casting call also drew celebrity attendees, including Gossip Girl stars Penn Badgley and Blake Lively.
Jack + Bill selected clients in four categories, adding a fifth “wild card” division to accommodate the tremendous amount of talent to choose from. In the coming weeks, each client will meet with the agency to define their goals, develop a strategy and begin work to build buzz, generate media coverage and meet key influencers. The clients selected are:
• Jewelry: DANNIJO, a modern jewelry line created by sisters Danielle and Jodie Snyder, exudes classic sophistication with a touch of rock n’ roll. Using varied materials – silver, gold, gunmetal, and brass—and colorful elements—drusy quartz, crystals, amethyst, turquoise, sharks teeth and pearls – their statement jewelry often creates a collage-like effect.
• Fashion Stylist: Kalyn Johnson, a lawyer turned fashion stylist with a chic sensibility and unique flair for helping everyday professionals look their best.
• Women’s Apparel: AIRA, a modern women’s collection designed by sisters Karen and Annie Lin, inspired by air, nature and the constant change of season.
• Model: Christopher Fawcett, a former Navy serviceman from Denver, with a recognizable fresh face and boyish charm.
• Wild Card: Badgley/Sneed Designs, a new collection of one-of-a-kind, sophisticated jewelry created by Lynne Badgley and Jan Sneed, is made of genuine stones and cultured freshwater pearls combined with primarily 14K or 18K gold findings.