I've produced a lot of shows either for myself or for a group, as well as, constructed garments to be in the show. This was the first show I've been in where I was actually behind the scene. This was truly an experience. Project Runway for real!!!!!
If you've never visited Columbus, you should! We have some excellent talent right here! Look forward to hearing and seeing more of them if you have already.
1. Xantha Of The Opera (Xantha Designs)
2. Isabella Elizabeth
3. Demetri By Samara
4. JaJa Designs (HEY ME!)
5. Red Planet X
6. Voszi Designs
7. Vocal Break
8. Designs By Winborn
10. Akira Takashi
11. JNB Fashions
12. Mike Shundo
13. Queen Roshae with Naps kinks and BB's Urban Dayspa
14. Dance Break
15. Abstrak (Isis Attia) Artofficial (Valin Ross)
What I've learned from this experience - I've been away from this for several years!
1. Have my own photographer - that way I can be sure that I can my pictures - that's why I don't have pics from the show - my son's camera malfunctioned
2. Have my own videographer - same as above - the chosen person - was a model not a video photographer!!! SAD!
3. One model per garment in this type of event (experience models are chosen by more than one designer and since it's a chance for the models to showcase - it's hard to say no - designer has to have that vision.
4. A dresser for every model -
When producing fashion shows - I hired someone to do all this - and produced garments to be in the show! It's a ss different road when you're not producing!!!!! I'm ready for another show - CRAZY - but that's the fashion industry -
I hope you enjoy the few picture I'm able to share and get a sense of my talent - I give praise and honor to the Father above for giving me this gift, which is the meaning of my line, JaJa - God's gift. Because with only have very little training in designing, draping, sewing technique, etc. In truly appreciate how God has blessed me with such a gift to make the world my audience and the street my runway! So if I never make it designing for a company, I'll create my own and continue to be amongst so many others gifted and talented designers doing their thing!